1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Kobe better than MJ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by giddyup, May 25, 2008.

?

Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan?

1. Yes

13.2%
  2. No

75.3%
  3. Undecided

11.5%
  1. adoo

adoo Member

it is u that don't comprende :eek:

The Heat won because of DWade; your claimed that Heat won because of Shaq underscores your ignorance. :eek:

Shaq was riding DWade coattail, comprende ! :rolleyes:

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Firstly, I don't think Kobe touches MJ. Please understand that.

But your bolded statement is so ridiculous it proves you didn't watch the Bulls very much. (You may not even be old enough to have watched them). The first three championship teams won 61, 67 & 57 games in the regular season. It wasn't just MJ and a bunch of scrubs. MJ was the greatest but he had a lot of help.

In 90/91, the Bulls went 15-2 in the playoffs. In 91/92, (IMO) the only thing that stopped them from winning every game was a lack of focus. In the Finals against the Blazers, when the Bulls decided to play they kicked the Blazers rears. That season they were so far ahead of every other team in the NBA it was a joke. Their complacency problems in the playoffs were puzzling. In 1993, their playoff run was true grit. In the Finals, there was serious doubt they would lose, especially after the Suns took game 5 in Chicago. When MJ hugged that trophy so hard after beating Phoenix, I think he appreciated it more because it was harder than the first two.

I said all that to say this: Pippen, Grant, Paxson, Cartwright, etc were not scrubs. Those teams were gritty & tough and their superb role players often played their best in big games. It wasn't just MJ by himself; he had guys who were cool under pressure and didn't disappear when the game was on the line.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

its absolutely no secret that Kobe worshiped and studied Mike. I mean, i guess the newbs and rookies don't know that cause they're that Fall Out Boy generation of fans,

we're Ride the Lightning Metallica Rocket fans.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Here is the original quote:

Here is Rudy T's record w/the Lakers:

24-19

Here is Phil Jackson's record the very next year in the first 43 games:

23-20

Who is making things up?

5. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

MJ> then everyone else

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

he's sure as hell getting more publicity...

but i think we're going to see way more from kobe..so yes i voted for kobe...

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is who MJ had to compete with, played against, or face head to head......individually, for championships, and etc.

Dominique Wilkins, Larry Bird (the great Celtic teams of 80s), Magic Johnson, Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Alonzo Mourning, Isiah Thomas (and the Bad Boy Pistons), The promising Cavs (Price, Daughterty, Harper, Nance, and Elho), Clyde Drexler (the Trailblazers), Bernard King, Charles Barkley, Stockton and Malone, Shaq (and the Magic), Dikembe Mutombo, and etc.

Kobe competing against

an aging Reggie Miller, T-Mac, D-Wade, LeBron, Chris Webber (and the Kings), Tim Duncan, The 2000s Pistons,

My point being is what other titans or team that could be considered great or really good did Shaq and Kobe beat in the playoffs.

Bird's team faced Magic's Lakers 3x, Pistons, Twin Tower Houston team, and Moses Malone Rocket team.

Magic faced Pistons, Celtics, and

In the 90s (in what some consider a weaker decade), MJ had to lead Chicago past Ewing and Knicks, Mourning and the Hornets/Heat, Mutombo and the Hawks, and in Finals

MJ defeated 62 win (98) Jazz, 64 win (97) Jazz, 64 win (96) Supersonics, 62 win (93) Suns, 57 win (92) Trailblazers, and 58 win (91) Lakers.

Kobe defeated in finals 56 win (00) Pacers [Trailblazers - 59], 56 win (01) 76ers, and 52 win (02) Nets.

The teams in 80s and 90s that lost out on the championships were not pushover, they were teams that could've really won title, if it weren't for that one team in there way.

I would say the Lakers had it way easier than Chicago ever did. I thought some of those teams that Chicago faced had better all around talent in certain years especially in 92 and 93. The benches heavily favored Trailblazers and Suns.

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

scrubs in camparison to the 96-99 bulls team. thats who i was comparing.

the first bulls squad doesn't compete in the finals if they even made it that far.

9. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Ummmm... no

[​IMG]

10. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

oh yea and /thread b/c I just killed it

11. lakerfan2008

lakerfan2008 Member

yes

More accomplished than MJ? No