1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy fairly/unfairly being treated as the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Nov 8, 2013.

1. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

One link. Can it not be done? I'm so confused.

2. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

because they see Lin as a young tony parker. Plus, Lin is a team player, which is what the Spurs value in their players.

3. coffeelover665

yeah I saw that too. I remember thinking to myself wtf help him up guys

4. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Pop is one of the best coaches of all time and he yells at ALL his players. As conquistador said, he has no favorites. Your assertion that Pop threatened to have Tony traded is valid but, guess what, Tony is still on the team. I assure you most Lin fans would like Pop a helluvalot more than McHale.

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I admit this was a knee-jerky thread but even now that Im over tonight's game, this doesnt sit well with me.
    Not saying anyone hates anyone, theyre all obviously close outside the court.

It's not so much babying Lin, as overwhelmed by the lack of true leadership and self-awareness by the team leaders.
    Jeremy's had 5 nice solid games to start the season.
    In today's game he did his job and gave the lethargic team a boost yet Harden loses it over one missed shot? Now that's just silly.
    Leaders cant overreact like that, not when theyre not playing perfect themselves.
    When's Lin traded, someone else will be the new scapegoat (Parsons :p) instead of the team owning up to their own mistakes.

So true. Pops really is a great leader, he doesnt go berserk on inanimate objects, he goes off on anyone that deserves it, superstar or not. :cool:

6. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This is why I like Beverley so much. No matter who falls down, Bev is usually the first guy to run over to his teammates and help them up. When he's not doing that he's cheering his ass off on the bench.

7. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

If Lin had that attitude he would be promptly sent to the bench by McHale.

1 person likes this.
  8. mikster

mikster Rookie

Just another example why I hope he gets traded...despite him doing so well this opening season (probably one on the best on the team in terms of improvements and stats.) and still you have people begging to trade him thinking he's garbage. He definitely deserves better. TRADE HIM PLEAES.

9. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

This lakers fan and Spurs fan pretty much sum it up in the reddit game thread. Btw, i am all for Beverly starting games, but tonight democratic ball with Lin at POINT, would have been better.

[​IMG]

10. figment

figment Member

Oh good we need more topics about Jeremy, in a forum where people are already annoyed at people talking about Jeremy.

There are other threads where OP's points could have been brought up and discussed (for the record I am also concerned about it - IF they're true). No need to start a new thread when people are plainly sick of seeing threads about a player.

11. jzhang

jzhang Member

Harden is a good scorer, Non-defender and a turnover God.

12. coffeelover665

Reddit now hates Harden more then CP3. Pretty funny.

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Should have traded for Calderon when had the Opportunity,he is a much better shooter than Lin,decent with the pick and roll and their won't be Spanish b****ing that he gets benched or replaced by Beverly.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Ridiculous.

15. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Calderon is a beast...shooting 31.6%.

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

It wont be parsons I am 100% sure of it...

I am also 100% sure it will be Dwight Howard... he after all has the highest team salary...

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Calderon is on his way out. Lin shut him down during the Mavs game.

18. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

You mean the guy who Lin shut down to 0-8 shooting? That Calderon?

19. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Member

Lin played great tonight. Beverly played like crap. And Lin is taking heat? Ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If anything Beverley should be getting heat because Gasol didnt even HAVE to screen him off.

[​IMG]