1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy fairly/unfairly being treated as the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I'm just curious, is there actual footage of this? or is it just he said, she said sort of thing?

I did see Dwight talking to Lin, but Lin also talks to him between free throws. It's constructive, if anything.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Grilling is to strong of a word. Honestly they were just talking and Lin appeared to be more angrier than DH12.

3. coffeelover665

If things don't work he would prob be traded. But without Lin to channel all the hatred onto himself, what would the Rockets do when they get mad?

Jeremy Lin, The hero Houston needs, but don't deserve.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This.

5. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Overblown drama and speculation are definitely what I need after this dumbass loss. Thanks OP!!

6. timyeung

timyeung Member

OMG, lol!

7. Breitbard

Breitbard Member

Man, everybody busting out their troll accounts. Post with your real accounts and stand behind your comments!

1 person likes this.
  8. pnr

pnr Member

Lol and now Reddit has a thread about Harden ripping into him. Reddit has so many Lin fans, it's so different from CF. They're all hating on Harden... but really, no one knows who these people are. And playing these intense NBA games has gotta take its toll emotionally. None of us know what it's like and things can get reeally heated. It's really not that big of a deal...

9. pacmania

pacmania Member

The players are probably just following the lead of the Head Coach. Whatever attitude the head coach has rubs off on the players.

10. conquistador#11

you'd think john stockton just drained a three on us in the playoffs with clyde getting a mchug from Karla malone.

11. quizone

quizone Member

nice coaching there.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I am one of the first people to criticize lin but tonight was not his fault.
    He did have a few turnovers and missed D assignments but nothing as bad as James's effort.

13. SirKen

SirKen Member

I don't care about all the drama behind the scenes and I am sure Lin can handle whatever's coming his way...

... But if they are not going to let him play when he is having a good night, I would rather they trade him so that I can watch his basketball somewhere else.

FFS, I started watching Rockets because of the exciting team play they had last season. If they are going to turn it into last year's Lakers...

14. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

This. Get it done Morey.

15. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

A point guard getting yelled at is nothing to be alarmed about. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Ns7zPBqx3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And that was while SA was winning.

16. seb_town

seb_town Member

Like a lot of fans never played any sports at all? Yelling is salt and pepper in a competition. If JLin got bullied in every game, win or lose, and lost his minutes, then that's a trust issue.

17. conquistador#11

but notice what reggie miller says there. "that's why I love greg. there are no favorites."

that's what I love about poppa too. from manu to timmy, he rips them all. you don't see that with mchale unless it's with lin.

though tonight was the first time I saw mchale go bezerk and slap something out of frustration after a harden teen wolf play.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Good insight! SMH at McHale creating all this drama.

19. stjoesephsborn

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>James Harden just lit into Jeremy Lin for his last shot. Beverly and McHale had to signal to him to calm down.</p>&mdash; Yannis Koutroupis (@YannisHW) <a href="https://twitter.com/YannisHW/statuses/398682119511097345">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

What did they expect Lin to do with that last shot? You can tell early in the play he motioned for something and HArden either didnt see or care cause Lin had that "wtf" look and ended up passing it to Parsons, who then couldnt blow by Pau Gasol!!! SO instead he throws it to Lin at the 28 feet away with 3 seconds on the shot clock.

Then that last play, you can tell Pringles was targeting Dwight Howard....Lin got picked...Blake then ran through another pick from Gasol so no way Bev could make it out. The only person that could've stopped that play was Howard but he was too focused on Gasol and didnt see what was happening nor was he keeping an eye on the ball.

That and I'm tired of HArden letting average players like Redick, and now Jodie Meeks go off on him. This is like the heat losing, LeBron going 9-24, Wade shooting 5-16 from the line and they want to blame Mario Chalmers for the loss.

2 people like this.