1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden's success in Houston proof Manu Ginobili could have been a star as the lead dog?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 3, 2015.

1. what

what Member

Also taking okc to 6 games was a lot easier with Pat "let me take out westbrook" Bev on your team. The rockets were on the verge of being swept in that series, before Bev came to the rescue. #revisionisthistory

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden beat Ginobody in the 2012 WCFs as best player in that series.

Go ahead and keep ignoring that fact.

3. what

what Member

durant was points29.5 rebounds7.5 assists5.3 steal1.7 block1.5

durant in that series lead his team in 4 of 5 categories. Also, ginobili matched harden in points assist and boards. Not sure I would say that he outplayed ginobili by the margin you are referring to.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Grizzlies only deep playoff run is thanks to beating up a injured Thunder team btw.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Hahahaha.

Again the proble is you don't factor in facts. The Thunder were a team light years ahead of the a Rockets in talent. Even after Westbrook went down.

No ones trying to compare Harden to MJ... Or Lebron.

Just Manu... Lol.

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

this, agreed

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You can't compare Harden's accomplishments as a #1 guy to Ginobili's as a 6th man.

8. what

what Member

harden doesn't have an accomplishments, that's the point.

harden's like the warren moon of basketball.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

'what' is trying extra hard on his trolling tonight. Much respect. I always gotta give it up for extra effort.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden as a 25 year old has accomplished more than any player on the Grizzlies. Especially if you're going to count Manu's accomplishment as a 6th man then you have to count's Harden's accomplishments as a 6th man. Which means you're counting his trip to the finals.

Try again.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Indeed.

It is always funny hearing a grizzlies fan talking about all that matters is play off success

12. what

what Member

He has not accomplished more than Zach Randolph or Vince Carter. Zach has had 5 20/10 seasons and multiple years at just below that mark.

Zach Randolph will be remembered as a legend in the game as a guy that had some of the best footwork for a big man ever. Don't get it twisted.

I'd Say that Harden is on the level of Marc Gasol right now. And he is below Zach, Vince, and Dwight.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

kjs;ldkfja;slkdjf;alskdj;kxmv.kansm;dfn

Peak-'what' achieved!

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well I'll give you Vince, I forgot he was even on your team. When Vince retires no one will remember him as a Grizzly though.

As for Zach...no. If Zach Randolph were to retire today and Harden were to retire today, Harden would have a WAAY better chance at being inducted into the hall of fame. Thanks to his finals appearance, his Fiba championship, his 3x all star (when Zach has 2) and his 1x All NBA appearance. It's not really close.

With what Zach has accomplished the Grizzlies are going to need to win a championship for him to be inducted. I'm sure he'll be a Grizzlies legend though.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yep! And the Cat always had the better first step.

Say it!

GO ROCKETS!!

16. what

what Member

Again, all star appearances are a joke, if that's what it takes to get into the hall, then the nba is a joke as well.

In 2011, Zach was arguably the best player in the spurs series and the thunder series and he lead the grizzlies past the #1 seeded spurs and took the thunder to 7 games as an 8th seed. Call me when Harden does that. Harden can't even get his team past the trailblazers with a second year pg.

But I do agree that Zach has been an underrated player for most of his career, otherwise he wouldn't have been traded as much as he had been. Most likley this is due to his jailblazers stint. the nba guys have long memories.

But there is no universe where harden will ever be better or more valuable than zach.

17. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I'm with 'what' on this (the Manu part... the Zach Randolph stuff is ...).

Ginoboli has always been a superstar. Stats, age, and when he was on the court are a bunch of labels that don't define a player like him. There are countless times in regular season runs and the playoffs when he was the best player on the court - not Parker and not Duncan.

Ginoboli did much more than stats tell. He was always active on offense, a gnat on defense, getting under opponents' skins, pulling 'veteran' moves, a vocal leader, and imo a desire to pull out a win even higher than Kobe Bryant. These are things you can't measure that add up to the complexion of the team and why the Spurs were so successful. I don't think Harden has those attributes. I'd easily take a prime Manu over Harden at this moment to answer the OPs question.

Manu just knew how to 'win' and I think his accolades have shown that over and over.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wat?

You do realize this will be the 2nd year that Harden makes a 1st team NBA appearance and 2nd year he'll finish top 5 in MVP voting right?

That is about as crazy as when you compared Rudy Gay to Kevin Durant.

You have it backwards, in no universe is Zach Randolph the level of player Harden is right now, even Zach in his very prime. Lets remember that Harden is 25...

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's considered more valuable and better than Zach in every single universe outside of your brain's universe. I know you're a Grizzlies fan and try to be different, but get a grip god damn. Posts like this, saying Zach will go down as a legend etc. should be a sign that you need to leave this thread and every serious discussion involving the guys.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lakjsndgqehrpfij;sldjf

We are witnessing 'what' history