1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden the laziest player in the NBA when he doesn't have a ball in his hand?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Oct 25, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

available or not who?

I'm not saying trade for them.

who's your ideal superstar who was the least flaws compared to harden?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is me expressing my frustrations of our star player's severe flaws. Take that any way you want.

LabMouse likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

available or not who?

I'm not saying trade for them.

who's your ideal superstar who was the less severe flaws compared to harden?

4. fchowd0311

KD, LeBron, Kawhi and possibly Steph.

5. vlaurelio

so you think moving without the ball is far more important than durability and ability to carry a team. okay

6. fchowd0311

I think you are finding any excuse for Harden being the laziest player in the NBA when the ball isn't in his hands.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Just quit with the fat/weight shaming. Dude isn't fat or over weight.

Not everyone is super lean and ripped.

I want him to be strong, powerful and healthy so he can drive and take the contact he has to endure every damn game.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

You can be strong while also being lean. He's not fat. He isn't even chubby. I'm comparing him to other NBA guards.

Being lean means less stress on the joints for career longevity and better conditioning which he obviously needs if he can't run with the team when he doesn't have a ball in his hands.

9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

You don't understand Houston's offense. Harden is not supposed to move without the ball. No one does. It is a 4 out, pick and roll offense. It is designed to create space and driving lanes. Harden is one of the most efficient players in the league. You keep bringing up an irrelevant point, over and over. When he doesn't have the ball, he is supposed to be outside the three point area to create space.

What do Gordon, House, Tucker do when they don't have the ball. Are they running around screens like Rip Hamilton and Steph Curry? No they stand in their spots to create space. Are they all lazy? Houston does not run a motion offense, they are doing what the offense requires.

don grahamleone and VooDooPope like this.
  10. payaso

payaso Member

...and that may very well play into the club's decision to make this a walk year for MDA.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You can be lean, but don't have to be. Everyone's body type is different. So quite calling him overweight then coming back and saying he's not fat or even chubby. it just doesn't make sense.

Want to compare him to other guards? Harden > All other guards. Thats the only comparison that matters.

12. vlaurelio

topfive likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clearly they designed the offense around Harden's obesity and laziness

[​IMG]

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Definitely designed based around trying to hide Harden's deficiencies.

Someone like Pop wouldn't try to hide them but rather attempt at correcting them.

15. fchowd0311

Probably though you are greatly exaggerating his weight. He isn't anywhere close to obese.

16. smp

smp Member

If you are going to criticize Harden as being lazy, moving without the ball isn’t where I would start. We don’t run a motion offense so his lack of movement is justified.

His lack of effort shows up elsewhere. It’s walking the ball up the court, failure to run the court when his teammates are running a fast break, not diving on the floor for loose balls, and failure to run back on defense.

Those are hustle plays you don’t get from Harden. Those are his weaknesses and they are by choice. He doesn’t want to do that stuff or he would.

That said, his positives far outweigh the lack of gritty hustle plays. And if he did hustle like Westbrook, it would probably be at the expense of his health, shooting percentage, and minutes played. He would have to lean down too which means he couldn’t take the punishment he currently takes driving to the basket. His “fat” makes him more durable.

Like I said in another thread, don’t compare Hardens hustle to a guy like Westbrook or even Curry. It’s not fair. He can’t compete in that realm. That’s not his skill set. I think we all see that too. It seems pretty obvious to me anyway. I’m not sure why people get so butthurt when someone points it out though.

topfive and jiggyfly like this.
  17. vlaurelio

so its on MDA and Morey not Harden

18. fchowd0311

A large part of the problem is definitely on Dantoni being an enabler who would rather be liked by his players rather than attempt instilling discipline.

Harden unfortunately had McHale and Dantoni as head coaches during his early prime and current prime years where Harden was hardly ever held accountable by the coaching staff. It turned him into the player he is today who is insufferable when the ball isn't in his hand or if the refs aren't blowing the whistle.

I think he would be a different player of he was coached under someone like Pop.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I see you are just doubling down on your stupid take.

You have yet to answer the question on what he should be doing and why no other players are doing it when they are not included in a play.

Can you please answer those questions?

20. vlaurelio

so your problem is coaching

and if its harden, then why is he the most active offensively in terms of distance travelled compare to his teammates?

https://stats.nba.com/players/speed...n&TeamID=1610612745&sort=DIST_MILES_OFF&dir=1