1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden the laziest player in the NBA when he doesn't have a ball in his hand?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Oct 25, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, he's right, those metrics do exist and have been posted here before.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You don't win games by wasting energy running.

You win games by conserving energy, spacing the floor, and LEADING THE LEAGUE IN SCORING!!!

Dude legit should have been the MVP again last year.

And quit with the fat shaming. Harden is not fat. He didn't come into the season out of shape. He's had a couple bad shooting games. That wasn't the case in the preseason and it won't be the case through out this season.

topfive and don grahamleone like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They plays in question are where he stands near half court (if he makes it past) not when he's at the top of the key

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is just a sad post. Why question the loyalty of a fan because he chooses to rightfully criticize the star player on the team?

I'm frankly getting tired of people calling me a Rocket hater because I chose to criticize a glaring flaw in Harden.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're not from Houston.

6. fchowd0311

I never called Harden fat. He's not at an ideal bf% where he can position himself as someone who puts in effort when the ball isn't in his hand.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Harden is not a curler, he never has been and he never will be. He doesn't need speed / angles / complex screens to create space for himself, like Curry/Miller/Kmart/Rip. Those are fundamentally different types of players and the comparison is stupid. If those players could create space like Harden, they wouldn't do what they do.

And I didn't say anything about expending energy per game, that is some made up goal post moving garbage narrative you are trying to create.

Well yea except, when Harden iso's he is the only person moving, other than a few steps by open shooters / dunkers. He also drives more than anyone in the game and takes contact more than anyone else in the game. So in addition to the lion share of the possessions where he is literally doing everything, relentlessly driving, eating up contact, getting hacked, you also now want him to run around screens for no reason.

You are wrong. Recognize your bias, own the hater label, and get over it.

jordnnnn and don grahamleone like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Yes I am. Unless you think Sugar Land isn't from the Houston metro area.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden led the league in drives to the basket last year, and averaged at least 33% more such drives than all but 8 players. Harden drove to the rim just under 20% of the times he had the ball, whereas Steph Curry drove less than 8%. Sure, Steph expends a lot of energy running around screens when he doesn't have the ball, but by your way of thinking, he's lazy as hell when it comes to attacking the rim.

Harden obviously doesn't move much without the ball (on offense, of course), but he moves more with the ball than most players. Your critique that he "runs almost the least amount per game" is a flawed way of looking at it, based on your desire to see him move more when the ball is in someone else's hands.

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify. kinda how it works out in {cough} other forums :D

#110 Os Trigonum, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  11. fchowd0311

Yup, you're full of bs. Your argument about heavy usage rate is an obvious assumption you are referring to energy expended or why else would you play the world's smallest violent about his high usage rate to justify his atrocious laziness when the ball isn't in his hand other than you equating usage rate to energy expenditure. Your argument is he expends too much energy through your evidence of high usage rate where he doesn't have the energy to expend on basic fundamentals of basketball outside of having the ball in your hands.

I'm giving examples of types of play styles that expend more energy merely than high usage rate. That is not me saying that Harden needs to play like Rip Hamilton.

There is no gradients here are there on this conversation apparently. I want him to improve and show effort when the ball isn't in his hands.
    That doesn't mean I want him to be the next Reggie Miller or Klay Thompson.

#111 fchowd0311, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  12. don grahamleone

Harden delivers so much, but because there's one thing you disagree with.. you throw it all in the garbage. You're so full of **** man. It's like you eat a beautiful meal at a restaurant, it only costs 100 bucks, you have a lovely time, everything is perfect but because you don't like how the waiter placed your water glass back on the table the 2nd time he refilled it, you only want to tip the waiter a dollar.

You're being an ass. That's all. Doesn't matter how loud you beat the drum. You're still acting like a garbage fan.

Relax.. don't forget to have fun. No need to self induce a heart attack over this.

larsv8 and vlaurelio like this.
  13. fchowd0311

Throw it all in the garbage? Why don't you look at my 2019 GARM posts advocating for Harden's MVP over Gainnis and constantly praising him. I constantly praised him in 2018 also.

I don't throw it "all in garbage". I praise Harden when I feel it's justices and I criticize his glaring flaws. This aspect of him is a glaring flaw.

14. don grahamleone

When you praise, you put in a little praise. When you criticize, you take a little thing and make a great big fuss over it.

Give. It. Up.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this. garbage fan wants kevin martin, jeremy lamb, and his idol jeremy lin back.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You called him overweight in just about every post you made in this thread.

17. fchowd0311

Because he came into the regular season overweight?

18. fchowd0311

No. If you have to resort to beating up atrawmem, you are just swinging at air at this point.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

curious who's your ideal superstar to lead the rockets this year with same roster, coach, and GM?

20. fchowd0311

None that are available. Me criticizing Harden isn't me stating we should trade him. I never once in the GARM during Harden's 7 years here have ever even remotely implied trading him.