1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jalen Green too feminine or "girly" to be a successful NBA player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Creating BS narratives is just so lame. There literally is enough within HIS GAME to validate the criticisms, but some people have to go beyond that an inject hateful opinions as fact. Truly disgusting and a disservice to the real fans of this team.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

need more stories like this , thank you!

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

toughness does not equal character. Look up the definitions and stop using your own self absorbed ideas of what is right or wrong. He has flaws in his game - stick to those and you wouldnt be the clown of the forum.

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yo, Social Justice, nobody ever said the kid had character issues, stop listening to voices in your head!

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dementia must be tough for you. Pop your meds Tragic Mike and keep your dumb ass conjecture to yourself.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Look, I am not going to spiral down to the sewer with you. Nobody has ever said anything about Jalen's character. The kid is feminine and so far has been soft on the floor. I'm rooting for him and keeping an open mind. In the history of NBA all superstars have had alpha male mentality. Things may change in the future.
    From here, if you wish to engage in feces-throwing you're on your own.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Has the forum always been this testy? Seems like people take things WAY too personally these days.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Jalen can dress as fancy as he wants. He hasn’t gotten anywhere close to Westbrook’s level of “wtf are you wearing?!” But the grill. No. That **** is so stupid and I thought it phased out like a decade ago. Only people that should be wearing grills are people with bad teeth.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Explain.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Sure. This is a list of things that are important in basketball, in addition to technical skills and physical skills. This is not a list of things that Jalen Green lacks.
    I mean, I am sorry but you can't talk about dementia if you cannot comprehend simple sentences.

Also, I appreciate the links to Jalen's puff pieces. Great. Some of the biggest superstars have had issues off-court. That's not what this is about, regardless of male/female. MJ had gambling issues, Iverson had issues, Diana Taurasi was arrested for DUI... This is strictly about certain character traits on the court.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Online life is mostly angry. It's people being angry about things, often competing with others to see who can be more angry.

Online life used to be mostly funny. That is no longer the case. I first felt this change like 6-7 years ago, back when I had a Facebook. I posted "Thank You Vets" with a picture of a smiling veterinarian and a kitten on Veteran's Day. Was it a lame, tired joke? Yes. But man, I had so many people - distant friends and distant family - get so mad at me for it. "How DARE you disrespect blah blah." It was then I realized that the internet is serious business and if you're not mad then you're doing it wrong.

So I quit all social media and just did CF. Now, CF has tons of anger throughout the GARM, so I just do stupid ass one-liners about nothing because many people cannot comprehend that it's ok for someone to have a differing opinion. To disagree is to be stupid, evil, or both.

DreamR, hakeem94, kubli9 and 4 others like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

More moonwalking and ill founded suppositions. Seems like you are the one with comprehension issues since those are your words verbatim and you still cant even give a valid explanation for why Jalen Green has character issues since that is what your are trying to posit. Jump the very word at question and latch on to the rest of the comment. You are transparent. Waste of my time and any other able minded contributor here.

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

This is one of the dumbest threads in the history of the ClutchFans BBS. To be honest, I am a little surprised it has not been deleted for being homophobic/offensive.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Beautiful post.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

its a damn shame.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

reported.

Haymitch likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is Caleb Williams [too] feminine? ;)

The statements go beyond clothes. For instance, Williams paints his nails. For the game against Texas, he painted an upside down Longhorns logo on his right pinky and index fingers. On his ring finger, he painted a black “F” and on his middle finger was a black “U.”

Turner says he looks up to the nail-painting swag of rappers A$AP Rocky and Tyler, the Creator. Williams is a big rap guy. His pinned tweet is a message he posted on July 3, one made famous by Jay-Z: “I’m Not a Businessman; I’m a Business, Man!”

[​IMG]

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You get me craving for chicken fried steak!

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Anyone remember Dirty's chicken fried steak? My go to back in the day.

Easy likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@Haymitch trying to have fun online
    [​IMG]

NewAge likes this.