1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it worth it to pay full price for the latest phone?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Aug 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Get the Note 4 or 5

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I don't think so, not THAT price for regular people. Will say that going from years of small dinky smartphones up to a Galaxy S5 was VERY nice. Where I finally see WHY people would pay high prices and not turn back to lower brands. Phone salesmen will be mad, but I think phones arent as "status symbol" as they used to be years ago

If its an old grandfathered plan, some carriers lock the old plan in to THAT PARTICULAR phone ONLY. Switch to any current phone, it will change to current plan and you lose the grandfathered plan. I know AT&T has done that with Iphone users before - if you had an uld unlimited plan on Iphone it will ONLY let you keep on another Iphone only, but any other brand and its gone.

Could try griping to a high phone rep somewhere and threaten them with keeping your plan or you leave.