1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to talk offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

sorry guys but I finally give up on this season, I think we're officially out of the playoffs. maybe it's time we can start talking offseason and not get burned? the bright part of this season is watching Yao developing into a dominant force in the middle; Head's ahead of expectation; addition of Bogans; and the surprising Chuck Hayes. things we need to worry about/addressed in the offseason: T-Mac's issues/health; backup PG/C; upgrade at the 2; PF solution. the priority is T-Mac's situation. he's no more the T-Mac we knew before! what's wrong with him? i meant it's hard to believe an athlete like him on the down hill of physical condition at this young of age! he's no more explorsive. is it his back or his personal issues slow him down? I really don't like the feeling that entire team's future depents on one single player's personal issues/mood/emotion whatever. dare I say it, maybe it's time that we explore options for T-Mac this offseason before it's too late? Swift is a bust, Howard & Wesley are too old to play starter minutes/roles for this team. Free agents we need to keep an eye on are Bonzi Wells, Sam I Am, Matt Harpring. if Bonzi could be had for the MLE that's the deal we'd kill for. and a dream trade imo is T-Mac+Swift+our 1st pick for Brand+Cat+Clip's 1st pick. Brand and Cat sure play with intensity and they're the perfect inside-outside players you put around Yao Ming. Mr. Sterling might think T-Mac/Swift are much more exciting players than Brand/Cat plus T-Mac's popularity in China would cash in big $ for him and of course the Clips always like lottory picks. on our side: we lose T-Mac, argubly the best player in this deal, but we got two players that's consistant and you can count on them night in and night out. we also give up our lottory pick for Clip's mid 20 pick I hope we can find a Kenny Thomas type player. we then split our MLE for Sam I Am and Harpring. line-up for 06'-07':

Yao Ming, Deke
    E. Brand, Haward, Hayes
    Harpring, Bogans
    Mobley, Wesley, Head
    Sam I am, Allston

looks like this season's Clippers + Yao Ming :) = top 2 seeds in the West

2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

oh yeah, another priority is to replace Clyde with Barry :cool:

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

u should break up ur paragraph. Its hard to follow.

4. daoshi

daoshi Member

You are going to get flamed ;)

I agree that no one is untouchable, even TMac, but the trade you proposed won't help us much. E. Brand is a post player, needs a lot of touchsin the post, which would make our offence very predicatable with Yao already down there. Sam I Am is not a good PG you'd like to have for a displined offense JVG prefers, plus we have Alston already.

What we really need is an active, defensive minded inside force, someone like N. Mohammed, and some good outside shooters. I don't know how we are going to do it, but I don't think Brand fits our direction.

5. mag

mag Member

The league has changed to favor quick guys with some size. If we trade TMac we need to look at somebody with similar qualities (very few in this league).
    The real big guys are not much of a factor under the new rules.

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Member

You don't trade Tmac when his trade-value is down like this. Magic already made the mistake, you want us to repeat it?

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

are you suggesting we trade T-Mac for the likes of Kobe, James, Wade? :rolleyes: how?

8. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I'm talking about the offseason. what gurantees T-Mac's trade-value will raise next season?

9. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Trading T-Mac would be the worst mistake in the history of the Rockets franchise.

(and of course, no question the same people calling for this ridiculous trade now will be all over CD and JVG's butt blaming them for letting T-Mac go when we return to the lottery in 2007-08.)

10. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

Why the hell are we talking bout trading tmac?? are rest of that players that good??????

we got a bunch of morons surrounding our stars and instead of fixing that problem we want to trade yao and tracy. good grief. :confused:

11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Whoever would even consider trading Tracy McGrady is either very ignorant or just straight up r****ded. In my opinion Tracy is the most dangerous franchise caliber player in the league. With T-MAC and Yao, we have the formula for a dynasty. We need a third piece, someone such as Mike Bibby, possibly Quentin Richardson. We thought we found that piece with Swift but obviously he was a bust this season. Who knows? He may shine in 07 but for now we need to trade for young, fast, accurate, consistent players. The only players I would think twice about trading are McGrady, Yao, Sura, Juwan, Chuck, Head, and Stro.

(I wouldn't want anybody to lead our team but number 1, He's our captain, No T-MAC = No ring for Houston til at least next decade)

#11 Clutch City1993, Mar 3, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  12. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Member

There will be plenty of time to talk offseason in the offseason. Trust me.

My preceding statement and the one you are currently reading were both a huge waste of my time. But I was bored. So learn from my mistakes and please don't post in this thread if you can read this. Don't bother. Please. Unless you're bored.

13. ktvoss

ktvoss Member

Bogans?

14. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

You don't trade T-Mac ever. You want to get F*CKED over in a trade like Orlando did? Didn't think so.

If the Philly game was anything, it was an indicator that T-Mac is still inside that body of his and he'll be back. He'll be the old way he was, I think I was able to breathe again after watching T-Mac play in the Sixers game. ;) .

Tracy McGrady is the most all-around player in the league. Yeah, I said it.

KOBE IS NOT the playmaker T-Mac is, Kobe is not the passer T-Mac is, LeBron James is not the clutch player T-Mac is, Wade can't go past the arc, etc. etc. etc.

This is not the best season to be comparing T-Mac's stats to other greats in this league, but, I don't give a f*ck, T-Mac is the man. He's not above critiscism, but he is still the man.

Why the f*ck are you guys (not all of you) wanting to trade/get rid of Van Gundy and McGrady WHEN YOU SHOULD BE trying to ship out everyone else except Yao.

McGrady and Yao both like Van Gundy, if Rafer Alston or David Wesley have a problem with Van Gundy, get rid of those 2 dumbasses, not Yao or McGrady, or Van Gundy.

That said, I hope there is no chemistry problems in Houston.

15. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

An ideal offseason would involve getting rid of everyone on the team except:

T-Mac
    Yao
    Rafer
    Head

Maybe Chuck and Keith can stay. They're both highly useful. Then rebuild. Find a new starting SG, new starting PF, and a DEEP bench.

Unfortunately that's a lot easier said than done. We still have a couple of hefty contracts on our hands (Howard and Swift, for example).

16. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Member

Trading either Tmac or Yao would set our franchise back five years or more. We would never be able to get equal value so that is out of the question.

Other than Stro / Head (young talent) everyone else is available.

J

17. hashmander

hashmander Member

I don't mind offseason talk, but these "trade T-Mac" fools need to cut this nonsense out.

I've wanted a top 3 pick since January because sacrificing one season to potentially fix this flawed team is better than hoping to make it to the 2nd round. We need to get back to the Finals and we aren't going to do with the trash that surrounds Mac and Yao. And hoping that great players sign for the MLE is just r****ded. We're also not getting a truly great player via a trade to come in as a third option for non-mac and yao Rockets, just not happening. We need top young talent that could come in and immediately be a 3rd option and be groomed for bigger and better things by the time his rookie contract is up and he becomes a max player.

1. Hope for a top 3 pick and draft either Aldridge, Gay or Morrison.

2. Split the MLE with V-Span, Rasual Butler and DerMarr Johnson.

18. ktvoss

ktvoss Member

Is it too late to get a top 3 pick since we've won alot lately?

19. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

if our team was healthy we would be in the playoffs

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we can talk offseason in the offseason. we are only 4 games back from the 8th spot.