1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is "It Time" to give Mike James a look?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Feb 5, 2008.

?

Should James get a look?

1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

85 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Hey should we give James 5-6 minutes each half over the next 4 games before the break to see if he can "fit in" and if he can get his jumper back?

I say yes

Rafer/Brooks
    T-Mac/James
    Battier/Wells
    Scola/Hayes
    Yao/Landry

Francis is done imo

With Landry and Scola able to play some 5 Deke is only needed at times vs the very few "true centers"

Snyder/Novak/Head are all limited, don't get me wrong at times all three might be able to step up and give quality minutes but they have no buisness getting serious minutes on a team this good. (this is and is going to be a very, very good team come playoffs)

So I roll with those 10 getting minutes and you trim it to 8-1/2 by playoff time. My prediction Hayes is on the outside looking in at the 4 and it's a battle between Brooks and James for pt so depending on playoff matchups either Hayes or the James/Brooks is your 9th or 8-1/2 man

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Mike James deserves scrub minutes the same as any rookie on any other team. The crowd will go wild and yell " SHOOT IT SHOOT IT " If he makes one the crowd will go nuts. LOL

Wellcome to Wang ZZ/Manute Bol Part II.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It's James' time. To be swapped for Kopono.

4. texanskan

I wish, don't think he is going anywhere nor do I think the Rockets will make any big move. The team gets along, and things are coming together.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Unless he's going beserk in practice (the good kind) and/or unless we're getting killed because of a lack of scoring from the guard position, I don't see why you'd even consider it. Considering how Mike James Offense does not agree well with Team Offense, he's not a guy I'd be looking to find minutes for.

I'd find more minutes for Landry, Brooks, and Scola. They're worth your while to develop. James has proven who he is.

Evan

6. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I think we have to give someone a look. Anyone. Playing Rafer and T-Mac for 42 minutes each is definitely not good (of course Rafer more so than Tracy). Either James or Francis.

What's wrong with Brooks? I see that he has got only spot minutes for some time now. Has he hit the 'rookie wall'? I'd like him to get more minutes.

Please no Luther at the point though.

7. texanskan

anyone who watches this team will agree NO LUTHER but face it Steve is done and I for one want to see Brooks still getting minutes and James taking the minutes Head was playing

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

What to know the answer?

Head is hurt. Where's James? I think he's played a few minutes. That's about it.

When Head heals, he'll be back in the rotation I would guess.

9. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

MJ got his shot several times but blew it. Sorry but it's the harsh reality, he just didn't produce and can't do better than any PG or Head. I would give Snyder a chance over MJ anytime.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If he could give us quality minutes (a big if, sure), why not? If we hope to trade James at some point before the deadline, we have to try and showcase him... as long as it doesn't cost us any games. If he shows up and plays well in limited minutes, it's a win-win. We get improved guard play and we get to showcase Mike for a possible deal.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We give him what he already has, a spot on the bench watching. Once again, the shot clock went off inside his head and shot a jumper from 20 ft with a hand in his face. Dude doesn't get it period. Please trade Snyder for Gerald green.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

are you ready to lose a few games to give Mike James another look?

Mike James + Snyder + draft pick + cash for Mike Miller.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I rather give Steve another shot.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

No Luther running the point for anything more than seconds at a time. Luther is fine when he is playing the 2 with T-Mac at the 3.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We're a little over two weeks away from possibly having the decision made by a trade. Probably James but possibly Head could be gone and then it's a moot point.

If they start giving James a look, it's not like they're going to give him heavy minutes. They would have him eat into Head's minutes, not Rafer's. It's hardly a huge risk... you can pretty much tell from some of the people who post that they like James' story as-is and don't want to see him do any better.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Since we're going to be stuck with him for another 2 years, hell yeah he deserves another look.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just don't get it. As long as it doesn't cost you games, why wouldn't you give him limited minutes? If someone doesn't like James and he falls on his face, they can pat themselves on the back. If James does well, it helps the team, as well his potential for being in a deal and moved.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

James needs the ball to be effective he doesn't fit with Tmac.....or the new flow.

Gotta go...don't ya know.

DD

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm just terrified of the idea that Adelman might be content with playing Rafer 40 minutes a night the rest of the way. That strategy was a major part of our downfall last year. Rafer's a good player but he can't get it done by himself. Its an idea that's fatally flawed no matter what spin you put on it.

I don't trust Brooks yet. I'm sorry, I just don't. He's been impressive and I like him a lot but what happens if Rafer gets hurt in a crucial game? Would you really roll the dice with Brooks manning the job? I can't do that yet.

Luther Head at the point, I would rate at a step or two above swallowing a box of thumb tacks and enjoying the feeling of slowly being killed.

Who knows what to expect from Francis. Will he ever be healthy? He's signed for pennies so anything positive he contributes is like an added bonus but his health leaves him a huge question mark.

Who else does that leave? Mike James.

If we're unable to deal him before the trade deadline is it really a bad thing to be "stuck" with him? Outside of Rafer and Francis he's the only proven guard on roster capable of manning the point. Whether you consider him a backup point or a backup two like Adelman seems to think, he's proven and is an option that I really think should be kept in our back pocket.

He definitely deserves a second chance in my book. Maybe that's just the MJ fan in me of 6+ years, but am I making sense to the rest of you? Are you really content with the state of our backcourt right now?

20. poprocks

poprocks Member

There are a lot of fans in Minnesota that don't agree.