1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time for someone to Police the Police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by edwardc, Apr 10, 2015.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

2. Buck Turgidson

Federal grants for body cameras on all LOEs.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Civillian Oversite Committee - One for each neighborhood they patrol
    Perhaps Elected

Rocket River

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We're seeing these cases because we actually are starting to police the police like we've never done before. It's not like we didn't have excessive use of force, or cops framing their victims for crimes before the widespread use of cameras and the internet. They were just able to get away with it much more easily. As demoralizing as its been watching case after case of police beating or shooting citizens, I think it's a good thing because there's finally a little accountability emerging.

6. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

He shouldn't have even been tased

Bet he won't run next time tho

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

But he had stopped running and put his hand behind his back there is simple no need for what was done all those officers that hit him should be fired.

8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

9. Bäumer

Maybe not think like that but this thread is just disgusting to me. Planting drugs on people and bragging about it.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm guessing our ANUS here has done that quite a bit. Or condoned/covered it up.

11. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Is this site real?

What the hell is wrong with these people?!

12. Bäumer

Power corrupts people. Inside looks at police culture and attitudes are scary. Luckily there were a couple of cops calling them out but more than a couple of cops were bragging about planting drugs on people.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Anus ain't about that life. no way he has the balls to plant evidence. Maybe stretch the truth in a report but not plant evidence.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

More Police brutality caught on video. Threatening innocent bystanders and cursing at them for no reason. Starts at 1:40.

NSFW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Jw-zFny1Tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

But who will police that police the police?

**** the police's!

16. rudan

rudan Member

LOL, that would make some neighborhoods turn into Detroit over night. Specially if elected, some people vote based on being racist(i.e. black,white,tanned people).

17. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Not only do I have a moral compass and have never been disciplined, but I have two dependents who count on me, I make a good living and I can retire in 12 years. Why mess that up?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It seems moral compasses go out the window when a crime of opportunity presents itself. I hope you have your morals when your kids are headed to college and you are a little low on cash. I don't think hunk bad cops don't get into a force bad. I think they become bad when they get desperate.

19. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You're exactly right. I've been exposed to a lot of stuff where I could have likely gotten away with appropriating something. At the end of the day, nothing is worth losing my freedom for and missing out on raising my little one. One fk up, and a career worth of integrity can be gone, and without that, you're nothing.

It seems that several HPD officers a year are getting busted for transporting or facilitating the transportation of drugs. That's some serious cash involved with that, and they probably get to feeling a little bullet proof like they can get away with anything. There's a reason the public integrity unit is so active.