1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time for Rick Adelman to go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonShake34, Mar 15, 2009.

?

Is it time for RA to go?

1. Yes

193 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

264 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. longliverox

longliverox Member

this thread is a fking joke

2. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I think he should be gone as well, He has proved to be he is unable to make adujustments on the fly. He had 2 shots at drawing up a decent play, to get a good shot and both of the plays were predictable and disgusting!

Why do you think we have lost alot of close games this year. He has showed time and time again he cannot draw a play up out of a timeout especially in late game situation! He has great credentials but i just don't see the fire there from him that i think this team needs!

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

No but I do agree, part of the current issues troubling this team steam back from Adelman's coaching.

4. mi0304

mi0304 Member

No. Already late too much.

5. jamescar

jamescar Member

I know this is the past, but it is my personal opinion that Adelman was a very average coach at Portland, and that most of the members of this forum do not realize how talented that team was. I was upset at him during the Chicago series, that he got completely outcoached by Jackson. I remember at the time thinking how often Portland lost close games, but to their credit, they usually got large leads. For example, Drexler was famous for taking shots at the wrong time. If you go back and watch Drexler as a Rocket, he had the same flaw so maybe we are too quick to blame the coach.

However, at this time, I do not see how a coaching change with the team we have will make much difference. I felt that Van Gundy did a good job with what he had, and can not say Adelman is really did much worse. I do not think Avery Johnson will do any better. I am afraid we just need a health McGrady, and I think we will never have that, so lets enjoy making the playoffs because that may come to pass soon. You take Yao and McGrady away, and we start looking like last years Kings.

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

What's wrong with you guys?

You wanted JVG gone and now some of you want him back.

FIRE JVG! FIRE ADELMAN! I WANT JVG!

Can't you make up your mind?

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Sometimes coming here is like going to a very dysfunctional family reunion. Fortunately for us we can actually walk away and nobody would miss us.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hmm, the OP is too concerened with RA's laid back style of coaching. Nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind we never did anything substantial under a much more hands-on and tougher coach in JVG. Also Les Alexander wanted to replace JVG with an RA type so I don't see anything happening until his contract is up. If you're upset that RA doesn't lean on the players enough to get it done, that's on the players. If you're upset about his rotations or how minutes are distributed I can understand that, but again these players better be working with the coach on how they can be put in situations to be successful.

By the way I don't think you'll ever see Avery Johnson as the Rockets coach. b**** and moan all you want, but the owner just chose to go in the opposite direction of a firebrand coach by hiring RA.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Exactly, Kneejerk city again. Two and half games out of second place in the west with 43 wins, decimated with injuries from the start of the season, lose your best player for the season= What the hell fire the coach.

10. OlajuwonShake34

McGrady is the best player on the team? In terms of what? Being on the IR list?

11. lastmanstanding

When healthy he is the best player on our team. WE have a losing record with Yao and without Mcgrady but a winning record with mcgrady and without Yao. Of course our record is best with both.

PS. Stop making so many threads.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Sure he is, when healthly. Yao has more talent now around him than McGrady had last season, right?

Season is stil not over yet, though. We shall see.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You've barely been here 13 days and you already have 13 threads? Can we still downgrade rookies?

The Garm would be so much better if people didn't start a thread for every little brain fart.

14. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

It's pretty obvious OlajuwonShake is none other than tmacfan110 (or whatever that was), straight from the ESPN boards.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hahaha!! I needed a good joke today. I was one of the first to say Gundy needed to be gone, and yet this idea annoys me... I think it's because Adelman is doing a great job, somehow in the bloated West, with a $22 million paperweight, we are still in the 3 spot with contention to the 2 spot. But who knows, maybe I'm just a jerk.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he puts the "Olajuwon' name so people will think he's old school.

But I completely busted him for his stupid argument that Avery Johnson should be our coach cause he's been in the NBA Finals.

And yes, as an old Oasis song says "I can see a liar".

Rick had been there twice and if you didn't mention that with you argument then you didn't know it to begin with.

17. jump shooter

Then tell me when everybody is healthy who is the best player on the team?

18. thething

thething Contributing Member

Basketball isn't played when everybody is healthy. They play with the roster they have. And as it is now, Yao is the best player on the team.

Rick Adelman is one of the best coaches in history; the Rockets will keep him. Sacramento is sorry they fired him.

19. jump shooter

And the roster that they have is currently in 3rd place in the league, great coaching job in my opinion. I never said basketball is played when everybody is healthy, all I was saying was that when healthy Tracy is far and away the rockets best player. The rockets don't have Tracy anymore.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

When healthy, Tracy McGrady is the best player on the Houston Rockets.

I don't know how one could argue that.