1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time for Rick Adelman to go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonShake34, Mar 15, 2009.

?

Is it time for RA to go?

1. Yes

193 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

264 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Stop making so many damn threads so i don't have to sort through **** to find decent stuff. Seriously you must of been a member for a week and already have a dozen threads up. You know you can add your opinions to other threads. If every member posted a new thread any time they wanted to voice an opinion there would be 20 new threads every minute.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i understand the idea of a forum. if you wanted to discuss if adelman and yao can fit together, that's a decent thread. however, to think that its time to fire a hall of fame coach after a year and a half is nuts. the reasoning doesn't get much better, either. it's not adelman's fault that yao doesn't get the ball as much as you like. it's yao's fault for not being able to seal his man consistently. you want yao to get more shots? tell yao to stop passing out of the post. i agree with you that yao is a superstar type talent, but yao doesn't have a superstar type mentality. maybe there in lies the exact reason why adelman is a great fit with yao.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe when you started the thread?

Am I giving you too much credit in assuming you knew that Adelman coached Drexler?

4. OlajuwonShake34

I agree on that part and I think a possible upgrade on that part is Avery Johnson. We all know he is a very disciplined coach. I am not sure about how he thinks in the 4th quarter though. I am quite tired of Adelman's lack of managing players minutes especially Yao's. His minutes are limited this season and yet he really isn't limiting them.

Well, I would actually want him gone after this season not right now at this very moment. I have no problem with RA coaching for the rest of the season. It all depends on how things play out during the playoffs.

It seems like all the strict coaches in the NBA have been successful though, I am not sure how many laid backs like RA have, aside from Rudy T since he is a players coach.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Fire your head coach 17 games before the playoffs and replace him with an inknown commodity? Not Smart.

6. OlajuwonShake34

Well again for like the 10th time. I am talking about possibly replacing him in the OFF-SEASON. What would be your take then? I am sorry, I mis-worded it.

7. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Yes its a stupid and pointless thread. I havn't been happy with him but hes not getting the sack now so why even bring it up.

8. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Pretty pathetic in my opinion for RA not to go with Yao posting up at the end of the game!! He does not know how to use a player like Yao..... Avery Johnson where you at?????????????????????????

9. tomjc

tomjc Member

Ok, let me be honest with you. RA at his prime will not be coach of the year, but RA in his prime is like top 20% coaches.

1. Greg P. HANDS DOWN number 1 coach. Spurs always in top tier despite aging duncan, ginobli, finley, thomas, went through number of personnel changes, injuries, has rings comparable to lakers.

2. Phil Jackson, despite all the hoopla about the Lakes, Bynum, Odom, Gasol, Fisher, Sasha, Walton, are all 2nd tier players, Gasol maybe a notch below top tier. Kobe is a big factor, but Nazi TV knows how to match up well, same level as Pops.

3. Jerry Sloan, I would rank him in the same ladder as Phil Jackson, except he has nothing to show for it. Poor guy, but who said life was fair.

RA in his prime cannot outcoach top 3 coaches,

HAVING SAID THAT, if you were to fire him, who would you hire?

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. why do you guys only refer to the Rick's Sac town days? You realize that he DID go to the finals TWICE with Portland. That deserves more reference than the team that got "ROBERT HORRYED"

2. Ok, Rick leaves, now what? Phil Jackson? PFFFFFFT, he's not going to leave the Lakers, where he has a girlfriend and the MVP of the league

3. So if Avery Johnson or someone else coaches this team, would it be any better?

4. Look at our record this year and last. Did Rick Adelman ever have a healthy Tmac and Yao together like JVG did that one season?
    Did Rick step on Yao's foot or make Tmac a wimp?

11. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Nope, but it's probably time for you to take a little break when it comes to making threads.

12. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

lol, the BBS "Thread Police" are out in full force tonight.

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

In about another month or so! :p

14. newengland

newengland Member

1. Is it time to trade Yao for Camby?
    2. Is it time to let go Ron?
    3. Is it time to lock AB in the doghouse?

Please make thse threads and make this borad so fun to read again after each loss!

15. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

The OP has 648 posts in a month. Whether those posts were insightful or not is irrelevant, so I give him credit for that.

This thread on the other hand...

16. rocketgenius

rocketgenius Member

this thread is not about firing RA in order to make the team better
    this thread is about firing RA in order to maximize yao's scoring potential. dude's been pissed about yao the ball enough on offense.

but yeah, if you want yao to average 25-28 points, fire RA in the off-season, bring in a coach that runs everything thru yao, and your dream will come true.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You said that Yao is s superstar and Rick doesnt coach superstars but rather a team? Well what about cwebb or Drexler? 2 HOFers.....

18. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

really? I donot know he is such important person to houston before. so if you ask les to choose between adelman or yao. what is his take? ughhhhhhh :eek:

Great poll! 5 stars w/o a doubt :p

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Last season he played without Yao and this season he is playing without McGrady.

Is that his fault? I don't think so.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL I did a Google search for "rookify" and the results are all from Clutchfans...