1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it Rigged?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by theimpossibles1, Jan 5, 2015.

?

Do you think the NBA is rigged?

1. Yes

260 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. No

103 vote(s)
    28.4%
  1. CrashTheBoards

Poll after the Rockets win: 75.34% (168) Yes, 24.66% (66) No.

2. CrashTheBoards

Lets's see if the knee-jerk is real.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

refs wanted the cavs to lose that game

4. theimpossibles1

Fair enough. My problem with your post is that several posters have made clear that they think the league is rigged, but only in that referees have certain favorites, or influences. Very few (if any) posters have suggested that the league is rigged to a point of deciding the champs every year.

5. CrashTheBoards

Jussayin, robbie. The refs didn't have to do anything tonight, but I did notice we got a few calls we haven't been getting lately.

The Rockets covered the spread and outscored the Cavs by 7 or more. The refs didn't need to do anything, but they didn't make any bad calls on the Rockets tonight. Notice how they didn't call those flops like they have been?

Talk is cheap.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That is a logical fallacy. You think that the only reason people think that the NBA is rigged ON SOME LEVELS is that we lost a game. The problem with that logic is that people here are offering evidence from events prior to the Bulls game. I myself have provided evidence from researchers who did a study and found that the game is rigged by certain referee biases.

This has been my opinion for a number of years and I used the Cavs receiving three #1 picks after James left as evidence to why this has been my opinion. I think you are insulting people and selling them short if you believe that people only voted the way they did because of a poorly called Bulls game. Nothing is just black or white, the reason this thread is here is probably because OP saw that game, however the NBA has been suspect for years so it is a bit ridiculous to most educated people for you to ASSUME that 75% of people voted the way they did over just one game, because I voted with the 75% and I didn't see the bulls game.

Regardless of that game if asked I would vote the same way because the evidence I presented would still be around regardless of the Bulls game.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok so the rockets covered....what's your point?

lots of lines are close. that's how they are supposed to be.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, maybe the refs were betting on the Rockets covering the spread. ;)

Or, the evil Silver ordered a Rockets win so the fans would believe Cleveland couldn't win without LeBron. I mean, there are plenty of motives you can put on a conspiracy. But of course, when the Rockets win, nobody here is complaining about the game being rigged.

9. roidrage

roidrage Member

Was a ref named Tim not arrested for rigging games?

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL WHAT???? :confused::eek:

Explain to me how and where I made a logical fallacy, claimed that know what people are thinking let alone why they think so and at the same time insulted people, selling them short and assumed something apparently, when all I did was asked a question.

Incredible that you got all that from me merely asking if some believed the 94-95 championship was rigged or not.

11. roidrage

roidrage Member

Games were rigged before that should be proof enough that it could be happening now

12. roidrage

roidrage Member

People here forgot about our play off series against Dallas that was rigged

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Several poster have stated that, but they represent only a tiny sample among the 75%. My question is posed to the entire group and there is no clear indication (atleast AFAIK) that those several poster speak or represent the view of the entire or majority of the 75%. Furthermore I've no clue how they would answer my question, hence the reason why I'm asking it.

The you posed is "IS the NBA rigged?" The NBA refers to the National Basketball Association, the pre-eminent men's professional basketball league in North America and rigged is defined as fixed, to manipulate fraudulently. Its seems obvious to me that referees having certain influences or favorites or even in some rare cases corrupted, does not equate to the entire league being rigged.

1 person likes this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not sure where you are going with this. The poster I responded to said he was a college basketball official and was aware of things not being on the "up and up" in college basketball. I simply asked if he was fixing games or if he knew of referees that were. If he knew of referees that were then did he report them. On the other hand, if he wasn't fixing games and he doesn't know of any referees fixing games, then how are things not on the "up and up".

1 person likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Sorry that was meant for the Hardon guy. :)

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what some of us are saying. The fact that some refs are biased, bad, even rogue, does not mean that the whole league is rigged. In fact, even if a few games were "rigged" for whatever reasons does not mean that the league is rigged.

If you really believe the whole league is rigged, then continued following it, rooting for a certain team, just does not make sense, unless you are following it like some people follow the WWE.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Even if you know its rigged which parts of it is imo, then there is still an entertainment value there.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

every game we have ever lost was rigged

19. CrashTheBoards

Ok so the cavs lost...what's your point?

You're kind of a hypocrite, see? There is only one fact posted in this entire thread and that was Rockets -6.5. Everything else is just conjecture.

+1 for the crazies

20. NotChandlerParsons

Now you're gettin it.