1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it Rigged?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by theimpossibles1, Jan 5, 2015.

?

Do you think the NBA is rigged?

1. Yes

260 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. No

103 vote(s)
    28.4%
  1. HardenMarden

HardenMarden Member

a team with james harden should never complain about the refs, just saying

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if its not rigged then watch the first half of game 1 vs blazers last year. see how many fts rockets get against a team that wasnt great on defense all season long

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sure you can. It's not Harden's fault they foul him all the time. The fact the refs call it means they are doing their job. If they don't, like tonight against the Grizzlies it just means the NBA is rigged. It's that simple.

Can't have a hack job like that and not call it. Not in today's NBA.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Rigged? Absolutely

Fixed? No. The WWE is fixed, but pro sports like the NBA are just slightly "rigged" to make certain outcomes more likely.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I usually don't blame the refs but tonight's game against OKC was very suspect reffing

Dwight got ejected for something minimal, while Westbrick was getting away with murde ron the court

6. You Stone

You Stone Member

It's sucked so far this season, but tonight ionno.

The weirdest crap happens during Rockets games. Like last game they fouled Capela out of bounds and made him shoot FTs instead of giving us the FT. That's basic. Three refs didn't even know the rules.

Nothing will top the tech on Dwight against Portland in the playoffs, but they apologized so I forgive them.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I would have to agree with 100%. I dont like blaming the refs either, but that 3rd quarter was ridiculous.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

its a known fact in vegas that some aspects of the game is fixed. Don't be surprised some stuff comes out in a couple of years.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

NBA wanted to keep the hype for GS OKC

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Bigest steal in this season.

Dwight eject for nothing
    No call on brewer
    No ofensive foul on kd
    Late calls
    Ghost call on Smith

What a steal
    The refs are inviting to celebrate with the thunders

12. You Stone

You Stone Member

I think OKC is a small city and if the team has a few bad seasons like they have had recently (by their standards) then the NBA makes sure to put them back at the top. They got spoiled from the start with a rookie KD coming over with the team. Then Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. If they don't go deep in the playoffs and make noise their fickle fans stop chanting OKC.

13. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Refs blew it tonight, but if you are Dwight you just have to be smarter and avoid these situations. I mean, Dwight is an 11-year veteran in this league, he's no rookie anymore.

14. You Stone

You Stone Member

If I am Dwight I say screw that. Call the foul. The guy pushed me. Adams is dirty and he does that all game long. If the refs don't protect me in a contract year then I could get hurt and be thinking what if for the rest of my life. He has to look out for #1, because no one else will.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Then he does nothing and is called soft pu$$y. He can't win either way.

16. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

IMO, it's not rigged in favor of certain teams or markets, it's rigged in favor of superstars. Officials call superstars differently than they call regular players; in fact, announcers talk about almost admiringly: "When you've been as good as that guy, you've earned that call!"

That's obviously ridiculous...being good carries the reward of being good--there's no need to also give them rules breaks. Obviously, that hurts teams that lack superstars.

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Pw9g1efbNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iHd2UNqtYjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If you stoke the superstar you are also stroking the team too. Hello.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If you stroke the superstar you are also stroking the team too. Hello.

20. You Stone

You Stone Member

Yeah, I remember when Yao and McGrady got all the calls every game.

Harden getting all the calls this year too. Dwight always gets respect when he blocks shots.

The refs create superstars and they break them. Look at Harden, goes from runner up MVP one season to not even on the ballot.