1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Dec 26, 2021.

1. raining threes

Actually there are more than that waiting in the wings.

2. raining threes

They've won as many games this year without Watson as they won last year with him.

And no, QB's as good as Watson come around much more often than 1 every 20 years.

whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. raining threes

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

What you’re suggesting is hope the Texans get lucky and win with a mediocre qb. Those qbs you just listed had a one- off type season. An elite qb can make a good team into a contender year in and year out.

There’s a reason why Flacco, Goff have been replaced by great qbs like Stafford and Jackson. Niners are hoping Trey Lance will take over the starting spot cause they know garropolo ain’t it.

Look at all the best teams in the nfl: Bucs, Chiefs, Cardinals, Packers, Bills, Rams. What do they all have in common? They all have elite qbs.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, what do you propose? The Texans snap their fingers and create an "elite" QB out of thin air?

6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Cardinals, Bills, and Rams haven’t done anything yet. Only one of those teams has a division title firmly in their grasp this season. Mahomes and Rodgers are the elite of the elite. But Rodgers won’t be around much longer either

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  7. raining threes

Garappolo cant stay healthy. Cant wait to see what they have in Lance beginningthis Sunday. If Lance craps the bed and the 49ers miss the playoffs, there will be intense pressure on Lance next yr. The 49ers are a SB ready team waiting on a QB. Wonder if Shanny wishes if he had drafted Mac Jones?

Great list of playoff QB's. The Cards may not make the playoffs though. Kyler's style of play causes him to miss games and keeps the Cards from making the playoffs.

How many of the QB's you listed have come out in the last 20 yrs? 5yrs? And you left Burrow, Herbert off of the list. But I think you get my point. It's not impossible to find a franchise QB.

8. raining threes

What about the GOAT? He's still playing at an elite level.

9. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

The GOAT has defied logic, nature, and Father Time. I don’t know how to explain how he’s been able to do it. I’d imagine there aren’t many more years left in him though… then again… people have been saying that for a decade lol

ROCKSS, raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not “a” mistake. It’s habitual predatory behavior on multiple women.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I was in "make Watson play" camp until I saw his training camp act. Sometimes, you have to just move on. He is not the person we thought he was. Let him go and if he wins a Super Bowl, good for him. Texans need to get the value they deserve for him. The lawsuits will be in the minds of fans as long as he stays here. Just move on...

ROCKSS, Slyonebluejay, whag00 and 2 others like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Watson should have been gone and on the NFL's exempt list long ago. Both the league and the Texans have dropped the ball on this one. His situation is bad for any business. At worse he's a criminal, at best he's someone who has made piss poor choices off the field. Either way I wouldn't want him leading my multi billion dollar franchise. TIME TO MOVE ON.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Strong words from somebody who was sitting next to Cal smh

The Texans franchise is known to waste players careers WOW

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Maybe he was in the ear of Cal someone needs to be other than easterby .

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are averaging a 100 less yards a game and almost 8 less points a game. It is a massive difference. Their D is a little better this year.

If he wins whichever fanbase gets him will overlook his transgressions. Look at guys like kobe, Ben, Ronaldo etc.

mario_v likes this.
  16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Becasue Dumb Dumb is a billionaire.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Andre bent the knee

homewight likes this.
  18. raining threes

They should be avg more, with Watson alotmore. 4 yr vet vs rookie with 25 combined starts in both college and the NFL.

You might, I wont.