1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible the Spurs have found the next Ginobili without using a draft pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I have kept up with most of the Summer league games all the way to the championship game and Jonathon Simmons is a name I predict people will be hearing a lot very soon. Passes the eye test as far as what I think will translate to the NBA. freakish atheticism, does the eurostep often, makes the right pass. Signed to a 2 year deal as an undraftee, first year guaranteed. From Houston. Already 25, but has a crazy amount of offensive skills. Plays D too. I think he is going to surprise people.

2. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

grew up with him...went to smiley HS and later UH. Was dumb for leaving UH early.

I wont hold judgement until he does this in the regular season. summer league isnt a good indicator.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I applaud your enthusiasm and I like this kid too (biased b/c he was a Coog), but summer league is not the greatest place to make a conclusion like this.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If the Spurs signed him, he can play.

DD

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, I was about to get up on my high horse about absurd & ridiculous Spurs confirmation bias but, ladies & gentlemen,

^

I rest my case.

1 person likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

Nope. He is a product of the Spurs summer league system. :grin:

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

8. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

agreed. Ginobili became Obi Wan Ginobody in the playoffs and in clutch moments.