1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it Possible the Rockets Just Aren't Very Good?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PigMiller, Dec 1, 2015.

?

The Rockets:

1. Just aren't that good

101 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. Are still a good team and will turn it around soon

79 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

no, there is talent on this team but they won't get it together until the locker room can fix whatever obvious problem it has. or until they're split by contract decisions i guess.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think most of the players struggles coorelate back to Harden... When your "cornerstone" dgaf - it rubs off... Why are guys gonna kill themselves on d when Harden's man will get wide open shots all night... why are they gonna run when harden is walking the ball up at a snails pace? Why move without the ball when Harden is in iso mode and not even looking at his teammates...

he's a cancer...

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch...

3. tdo

tdo Member

That's one theory. I don't share the same view. Just my opinion. I do think there are locker room issues, but I don't know exactly what they are, and neither do you. Everything is pure speculation at this point. I don't believe he is a cancer. The guy has been on winning teams his entire career, and all of his former teammates and peers have nothing but praise for him. Again, his effort level is certainly an issue, but there are a ton of other issues with this team. I'm not ready to say our star guard that has finished in the top 5 in MVP voting the last 2 years is without a doubt a cancer. Did you think Hakeem was a cancer pre 1993? He has serious maturity issues, but it's not something that can't change. It has happened plenty of times before with young egotistical players. The whole team sucks right now, and everyone wants an easy simple answer for why, and that's Harden. I get it, but this team is way worse off than just needing Harden to play with more effort.

4. tdo

tdo Member

Also if Harden is the one "spoiling" all of our "role players", then why do they suck so ridiculously bad when he is off the court? You can't really put blame on him for the team being pathetic while he is sitting on the bench.

Offensive rating with Harden on the court: 106.2
    Offensive rating with Harden on the bench: 88.4

Clearly there is more wrong with this team than just Harden. Again, I want to emphasize that Harden has been giving **** effort on D, and is a big reason why we have sucked this season. I just hate how people want to make this about one singular person, when in reality, everyone from Les to Morey to JB to Lawson to even McDaniels deserve blame for the horrific performance so far.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They will put it together ya bunch of negative Nancy's. I mean, we have A great coach in Mchale, we are getting a ton of sacks, and pick 6s, we just have to get better pitching so we can stop the other team from scoring touchdowns.

Just keep believing. Darren Morley won't stand pat on asset trading:eek:

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Is it possible the rockets aren't a very good team? Seriously? The better question is "is it possible the Rockets can be a good team before the season is over?" The answer to that question is, probably not.

7. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

This is 3 years in the playoffs and the first two years getting beat in the first round. The 3rd year was the height of this team. Rockets have injuries everywhere, and Howard is regressing, and is not the same player he was 2 years ago at all, even coming back from injuries. I say blow this team up and retool around harden or fire sale, and start over in the draft. I think this summer you going to see this team change if they are what they are, 30 wins tops.

8. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Need a third option: They should be good, but aren't trying.

Trade Harden for anyone close to his level, and I bet we start to win. Howard puts up 18/12/2 and Lawson 15/9.

9. alethios

alethios Member

Individually - no, collectively - YES

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Some valid points... but he's the "superstar"... If yer gonna talk the talk - "best player in the league..." you gotta lead by example...
    How much of that praise has come lately? He has changed... Body language, lack of communication, dgaf attitude... Blame it on Khloe or the superstar lifestyle or whatever... this is not the James Harden of the past...
    I agree, it CAN change... but when? 1 year? 2 years? How long are you willing to waste before he DECIDES to earn his millions?

11. tdo

tdo Member

That right there is a doozy of a question. I would undoubtedly let him finish this contract, barring some unforeseen trade demand or something similar. Then if I was DM and truly thought his attitude was the thing dragging the whole locker room, I'd consider not re-upping a max salary for him. If a championship is the goal, which we all know is undoubtedly Morey's goal, then you probably can't re-sign a player who polarizes his teammates that much. Again, this is complete speculation. I still don't believe Harden is that type of player, and I still have faith in his abilities. It may take a season or two, or maybe a new coach, but given his first 6 seasons in the league, I just can't put too much stock into the first 18 games of this season. I personally think there is a rift between a group of players, rather than Harden vs rest of team sort of attitude.

12. BleedsRocketRed

You are as good as your record.

Basketball wise, James Harden is the reincarnation of Gilbert Arenas

There I said it.

13. ApuN

ApuN Member

To be great in this league you need at least 2 playing at a high level

Steph has Klay
    Westbrook has Durant
    CP3 has Blake
    Lebron has Love
    Kawhi has LaMarcus