1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it Official? Can We Finally Start Tanking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skyline07, Jun 28, 2012.

1. skyline07

skyline07 Member

This team has no direction, no stars, nothing. I think its time, everyone hates talking about it but we know what we have to do now.

2. HPD

HPD Member

Tank. KNAT

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I certainly hope so.

This was the Rockets best chance to move up high into the draft and they still couldn't pull it off. Now it's time to take matters into their own hands.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Ni kidding, every year we try to land a big name and then nothing. Then the draft where we try to trade up and nothing. The way to get high draft picks is to have a bad record. Play a bunch of young guys, let them get some experience and get a much better pick. What did we accomplish this year? We still have most of our "assets" and have acquired more "assets" that we will not be able to move for anything really good. Having a bad record assures you get high picks.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I hope we start tanking. Picking in the #10 - #20 every draft is not gonna get us anywhere.

6. 713

713 Member

Not yet. We need to tank when Andrew Wiggins is elgible

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We are bringing four rookies (allegedly) to training camp, and you call that not tanking?

8. cod

cod Member

Kobe was drafted 13th

9. herro

herro Member

I hope we trade all of our veterans save for Camby and just pinch a 2013 loaf

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

kobe is dying and has arthritis. we shouldnt draft him.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

12. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Not a fan of tanking. It just says something about your personality to me..

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

"we think the guys we drafted are NBA ready and we'll push to make the playoffs."

14. 713

713 Member

then lose in the 1st round

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Tanking doesn't mean that we don't try to win. It means we play the young guys for experience and move out the veterans (Scola, Martin, Lowry). Playing the youth will give them valuable experience and also help us have a worse record to get a higher pick. Had we tried it this year, then we had a good chance of losing 10 more games which would have netted us Drummond.

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Nerlens Noel next year and then Wiggins the year after?

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't know if any player in this draft has a chance to be a star other than Anthony Davis. I remember when if you drafted a guy in the lottery at worst he was likely to be a sold starter at worst. I have never seen the draft as much of a crapshoot as it is now. Do you not realize this is why so many of these top 5 picks end up being busts now. Its because guys are coming out way to soon and are not prepared to play at this level. I don't blame the GM for trying to package this steaming pile of questions into an established player if someone is willing to do that.