1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it not painfully obvious yet that the team is better without Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Apr 6, 2013.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Does Aaron Brooks look injured to you now?

Want to explain to me why he was cut by one of the worst teams in the NBA and barely hanging onto our roster, besides the fact that he is a net negative player and always was?

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Not to divert attention, but you've got to be on one with having Lin as your Favorite Starting PG since 80??? However, it is your Favorite Rockets team. There is no doubt that Sam I am and John Lucas where the best PG's from the 80's through now..

Favorite Rockets Team (since '80):

PG: Lin
    SG: Drexler (Harden)
    SF: Sampson (Parsons)
    PF: Malone
    C: Olajuwon

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Has he looked the same ever since his injury? I'm not going to argue about what went wrong, something did and it is obvious. Is he good anymore? I don't know but maybe if he gets enough playing time he might get closed to it. Its not like I'm arguing and making the case for a small stretch of games. He performed in the manner I am describing for almost 2 seasons including an incredible stretch of the playoffs. That AB was much better than any player we have had. Remember how stevie franchise was great and we signed him just 3 years after the trade for T-Mac he couldn't crack the rotation? Are we still going to deny that he was a great player at one point?

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Was he net negative player in the playoffs too? If you're going to deny how much we exploited the crap out of the mismatch with Blake on blazers and Fisher on the Lakers you truly have no hope left.

5. thekad

thekad Member

Patrick Bargnani was simply a bad player. Replacing him with any random PF in the league would have no effect on the team because he was already about as useless as a player can be.

Except now we're not slaves to McHale's stubbornness and poor play doesn't get rewarded with consistent playing time at that position any longer.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

By the way, I find it amusing that you of all people would complain about "villainizing" players, when you dump and troll on Jeremy Lin every chance that you get. He went from "marketing gimmick" to "trade fodder" to "placeholder", and now to "replaceable and just another guy" since he has utterly shut you up with his play.

Instead of propping up some irrelevant losing player the team has dumped and doesn't even want anymore, how about giving some ****ing credit to the 3rd best player on the youngest and most exciting team we have seen in years.

But then, that requires you to know two ****s about basketball to begin with.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't even understand anymore who is fighting with whom here (well, except Cxbby vs. Carl Herrera).

Why can we not just rejoice? Rockets are doing well.

1 person likes this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You think its bad, try following the thread when you have half the posters on ignore. ;)

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

my thoughts exactly. at present, the trade is irrelevant. We're about to make the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and we're doing it at the same time we're developing our young talent, and rebuilding the franchise. Nothing but win here.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

But.. but... we gave up a first ballot hall of famer in Patterson!!!

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is it not painfully obvious that the thread is better without knowing what we are fighting for?