1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me, or The Refs are just not giving foul calls for the other team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jack0153, Mar 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

If your watching the Hou vs Suns game, you know what I mean. :mad:

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I think the refs saw PP's tweet.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yep... they are sending a message

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

What was his tweet? Please share.

5. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Maybe that's why Kyle always flops now, Rockets get no respect.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its disgusting if you watched how that game ended with Chris Paul flopping for the last few minutes to win the game for the Clippers. They have zero professionalism as NBA referees. I dont see how there isnt some sort of agency over them that makes them held accountable to bad calls and night?

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

He tweeted that the refs are biased and always give superstar calls

1 person likes this.
  8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

They sure made the Rockets pay for that tonight ehh? Yeah they are not corrupt. :rolleyes:

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The Clipper game we had a legit gripe. But tonight we looked tired and didn't attack the rim. The only call that was completely blown was in the last 30 seconds, when there should've been an 8 sec. violation.

10. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

We lost by 13 because of the referees? That's a new level of stupid I'd like to never see again, keep those comments to yourself please.

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I am always complaining about the refs, but this game was all on the team (or lack of it due to injuries). Just no energy left. The 8 second call made me very angry though

12. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

If your a player that is getting pushed around and not getting the calls, that said player is knocked out of his element. They take a shot they don't usually take or try to run a play they don't usually run. This helps to lead to this decline even thought not directly causing it. Example, Player X who is usually taking into the paint is hacked X number of times and no call, he just gives up, takes a out of character jumper or passes it to someone else. This gets repeated, the hole gets deeper.

13. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

We shot more FTs than the Suns did. We shot 1-11 from 3PT land. We turned it over 16 times, the Suns turned it over 9 times. Courtney Lee shot 0-8 and only had 2 assists. I need someone to explain in very simple terms because I can't seem to grasp it, why given all of that info, we believe it is the referees that cost us that game.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I think the Rockets are the recipient of bad calls (8 sec count last night), they also don't make it easy on themselves by settling for jump shots instead of going hard to the basket as much as the team they play.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It really shouldn't be this way but as an official, it's easier for you to make a call in favor of the home team, you dont have to deal with the crowd going crazy and booing you, instead you deal with 2 or 3 players on the road team. When it comes to superstars, you rather not piss off a Kobe Bryant or Chris Paul, it's easier to piss of a Scola or Patterson. They dont go into the game with this game plan, but it's true. It's just like Corporate america, when you go to work and you have to work with someone very powerful in the corporate, very well respected, your less likley to call them out on stuff than someone that isn't as highly thought of.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Fisher would've gotten those calls