1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me, or has the Toyota Center been ROCKIN lately

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Mar 10, 2014.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Yeah, last night was packing and loud, everyone was on their feet cheering! even the ref you suck chants were strong. lol

2. TISNF

TISNF Member

After years of wondering the same, I finally went to the TC for the first time against Indiana. My conclusion: the lower bowl is just too damn big. Empty seats is a side affect of having the largest lower bowl in any arena in the US.

Further, I must say the arena overall was quite underwhelming. The interior, once seated was great, but the concourses (and exterior) were remarkably bland and sterile, nowhere near enough room to handle the amount of people in the lower bowl.

Great atmosphere for the game though.

3. jocar

jocar Member

Man, this has been discussed a million times already. Those seats are SOLD but the aristocrats that own them are too busy oppressing homeless orphans to get to the games on time.

4. conquistador#11

no doubt. yesterday, I thought we were playing in portland when i saw all the seats were full.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I went last year on new years against The Hawks (Kid N Play). I thought it was cool, but was sitting so high I couldn't get into the game lol. I'll try again before the season ends

6. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

This guy has it spot on the crowd was a little worried last night but after Harden hit the 3 and gestured for the crowd to get loud everything changed. You could feel it in the air the fans and players had no quit in them last night and it was probably the most amazing environment I've experienced from Houston basketball in quite some time.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Is this true?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

THey have to do something about those empty seats. They should keep count of what seats those are. Those that are constantly empty should get a phone call, if season ticket holders, and the team should offer to resell some tickets for them.

Or at least urge people to call in by the half, if they're not going to make it and just grab people out of the nearest sports bar to fill them in.

9. ras.supreme

ras.supreme New Member

They're really not empty, there's quite a few watching from the ledge... That's where I go to stretch my legs and watch (otherwise I'd be standing up in front of somebody for damn near the whole game).

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I've never been to TC, but I remember The Summit being perfect.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Anyone have a clip?

12. Convictedstupid

So glad I was able to go to last night's game. Best game I've been to since 09 lakers playoff game or Utah playoff game.

13. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yes, the lower bowl was made to be the biggest. So many nice bars and club area's in the TC sometimes even as a hard core fan I get caught up in it and miss a little bit of game time

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I was at the Portland game and WOW ! The arena was electric. I dont go to many games, but this was by far the most animated I've ever seen the Toyota Center. The crowd was wanting to get into it the whole game and as the bad calls against the Rockets grew in number, you could feel the crowd getting more and more pissed off. When the Rockets starting making some headway the crowd exploded. I think another poster was correct in saying that there were LOUD "defense" chants going on with like 6-8 minutes left in the game. Every 3 we made caused the crowd to get crazier. The atmosphere was really something to be a part of and judging from what has been the norm in the past ( as far as i can tell from TV and being at a few games) Toyota center is becoming more and more of a true homecourt for the Rockets.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It was electric like that last season when we beat the Thunder. Harden went off for 46 points and Lin 28. The crowd never sat down , people where high five' n one another.
    Houston basketball is back 4 sho. Love it

16. LandryMegaBeast

I was at the Pacers game on Friday. Definitely the most pumped up I've seen the crowd since we were in the playoffs with Yao and Tmac. This team is electrifying the city and the fans

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Cry me a river. You sound like a complete wimp.

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm just hoping we can ride this wave and fans will come out EVERY game. The Rockets are as exciting as any Rocket team since the championship team. Even Mchale, he reminds me of Rudy a little bit

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the Heat game and it was awesome! I wish I had tickets to the Pacers and Trailblazers game but I will be at the next game. Go Rockets!

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

By the way, all the businesses owning the seats is why I'm strictly anti-public financing for any sports venue.