1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me or are teenage girls EXTREMELY inappropriate nowadays?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fixed. ;)

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

She looks like she is 25.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I see NO problem with these shorts... All attractive 16 to 40 year old healthy women should wear them.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

17 is legal in New York.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Too hot out there to be wearing much.

Looks pretty normal to me. Maybe your eyes just a tad too sensitive to flesh tone?

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Girls like attention and know how to get it... and each generation pushes the envelope. There was once a time when Elvis gyrating his pelvis was a big deal. Parents had the same complaints then as they do now. I think a bigger issue is all the homo stuff going on. Skinny jeans are also dumb and suspect.

Everyone laughed (as if they didn't approve), but they stared first. She got the reaction she wanted, and you contributed to it.

Also, you or anyone of the "laughers" could've said something. The couple may have cussed at you, maaaaybe. But your well being wouldn't have been in danger. They likely would just give you a dirty look or say mind your business.

That's nothing

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I doubt mass laughter was the reaction she was looking for.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Were there other women around? The men were probably just fronting like they didn't like it... they liked it. In fact, as homo as things are now, some women probably liked it too.

I've been in similar situations... there was definitely no "mass laughter". I've been in situations where a male(s) came into a store dressed like the Village People. There was no "mass laughter", and no one stared. You experienced a very unique instance.

So why didn't you say anything?

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Why are you so obsessed with he word "homo"? Your bigotry is hardly relevant to this discussion. Things are no more "homo" now than they ever were. How are skinny jeans "homo" or an issue to anyone?

You come off like a teenage brat. Your jokes aren't funny or original.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is it really anyone's business what they wear? It's absurd we live in a society where employers dare to tell employees what to wear.

I've seen a company consisting of 4 people in bermudas and hawaiian shirts trading futures and options and making a killing. Yes, even if they go to meetings.

The only reason it matters is because we perpetuate the myth that there's such a thing as objectively looking professional and that it matters somehow.

Instead of imitating what old people do, try coming up with a way to make your company unique and forward thinking. Lose the unnecessary baggage and stress over silly and generally inconsequential things. If your product is good, people won't care. The added bonus is that your employees will voluntarily give you more because they will see that you've got their back and appreciate them for their work.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's ignorant talk. Comparing rich traders who click a mouse on their computer or talk on the phone for work is not the same as someone in the service industry. You can't tell me you'd be okay with the guy serving you fries at McDonald's wearing a thong. Or the fat, old Walmart greeter.

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Maybe he has a point. They said gay marriage would ruin this great nation ... maybe he is right.

13. Buck Turgidson

Right? It's only been a few weeks and we already have red-blooded American men complaining about scantily clad Barely Legal types.

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

yeah, buncha homo sissies

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not sure what you're complaining about.

Personally, I'm more inclined to patronize a laundromat with scantily clad teen girls working there.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It is booty short season. Why I loved Spring semester at UH. No effs given.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's just teenage girls and this isn't a new thing. One of the architect's offices I worked for about 10 years ago had hired two women in their early 20's as interior design interns and they would frequently wear very low cut jeans where you could see the top of their thongs showing and would also show up in shorts. Especially when they leaned forward over their work stations. This office was pretty small and fairly laid back so the principles never made an issue of this. Also to their credit when clients were around they would wear more business appropriate attire.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1) I wouldn't care as long as it was sanitary.
    2) Don't care as long as they give me what they promise in food, in exchange for money.
    3) If I'm at McDonald's, I'm the one who needs to be told how to live his life, not the poor girl who has to work there to make a chunk of change.

That's why I said they dress that way even at meetings. At the time I worked for the financial regulator and they would come meet with us wearing those clothes. Obviously my grumpy ass 60 yr old colleagues were horrified, but who the F cares? I just want to know if their accounts are in order. They can wear clown outfits for all I care.

Perhaps it's hard for you guys to fathom this because you're from a culture where the definition of professionalism is ultra narrow. In other cultures, suits are not the most professional attire and neither are shoes or pants sometimes. It's ok.

If you stop caring about it, people will stop caring about it. It has no basis in logic. I'm paying for an experience and if you have to go Nazi on employee's personal choices to sell me that experience then obviously your core product is weak.

I ain't turning down a McD's double cheeseburger just because a guy in a sanitary thong or whatever you said is serving it to me.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of this really depends on what type of work you're doing. Maybe a future's trader who doesn't really interact with a lot of other people might get away with wearing whatever but for many fields there is an expectation of professionalism. Even in my field of architecture how you look does affect people's opinion of you as a professional and one of the reasons that even though I work out of my house and on days I don't have client meetings I will still wear khakis or slacks and at least a golf shirt.

Another issue is for many businesses what you wear is part of the branding and in retail and hospitality it is both advertizing but also part of helping customers distinguish the staff from other customers.

One other issue is for many businesses particularly clothes are necessary for health and safety reasons. Having worked in food service shorts and clothes that expose a lot of the body are both potentially unsanitary and unsafe especially in an environment where there is a lot of hot water, hot oil and other things.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Doing their part to improve sales. Don't tell me it won't work.