1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

is it just me....(sports radio rant)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thacabbage, May 11, 2009.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

honestly, that's what started me being turned off of sports radio.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I listen to Drive-Time players on my drive home and I swear sometimes Matt J is about ready to strangle Rich.

He also has low tolerance for idiotic callers.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

letting go of the fact the guy is mentally challenged, Its just played out. I don't listen much to them anymore because I don't listen at work but its like everytime i listen they mention him. i'm talking maybe the first twenty minutes in the morning.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah, i really like john and lance, but that's my least favorite bit to their show.

5. MadMax

uh, oh..why??

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FmYIbrd56I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FmYIbrd56I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

he's her ex uncle in-law. :)

she really does like him. :eek:

8. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

just be thankful you aren't stuck listen to AM 1300 THE ZONE - The Longhorn Station here in austin.

nothing is more thrilling than hearing the breakdown and interviews of the college baseball team. or listening to the host recall the fascinating Tennesee/Florida college baseball game that he happened to catch on tv last night.

ugh.

not to mention all the golf talk and courses and events at local greens.

9. MadMax

i'm not saying a word!!!! :D

10. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Where did I say that was the case? Personally, I'm not a big fan of either team, but if I had to choose it would definitely, without a doubt, unquestionably be John and Lance. I hate Mark and Andre that much. At the rodeo this year when we were walking into the stadium, right outside before the ramps they had someone from 610 out there and I yelled "fire Mark & Andre!" Hopefully that expresses my feelings, or lack thereof, towards them :)

Pugs

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i guess adam clanton is new? never heard of him before.

i used to love the matt jackson - jeremy foster show about 10 years ago. why did they split them up, those guys had some great chemistry together. i've always loved matt jackson.

lance and john were great in the mornings though lance carried the duo when it came to basketball.

charlie palilo is hands down the best sports radio guy in the city. he knows it too lol.

i used to like david dalati alot - not sure if he's still around. what happened to russ small and tony ortiz? they were pretty good.

anyone remember when kenny hand and rich lord had a show together (before cp joined rich)? man. if you wanted to hear what a trainwreck sounded like, this was the hour to tune in.

did anyone here use to listen to arnie spanier on 1on1sports back in the day. that was THE show. i liked bob kemp alot too. the thing about national radio was that while the callers weren't exactly offering brilliant analysis, it was always very humorous. you didn't have the complete and pure idiocy that characterizes calls into these local shows. that's what i mean with rome. i haven't listened to his show for 10 years now, but while you can understand how the clones could be annoying, it was still amusing. i find that the people that generally get annoyed with rome reason that "he takes himself too seriously" completely failing to realize the whole thing is his gimmick.

anything >>>> local idiocy

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Adam Clanton is a true hardcore Rockets fan who knows the funny.

He is good enough to go national.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Oh, I just wanted to make it public also that I can't stand the 610 morning crew.....they.just.freaking.suck.

14. updawg

updawg Member

1300 is bad now but Bucky is still good even though its only an hour.

Craig Way has A LOT of knowledge, but you have to hear a 30 minute circumlocutious story about 6 man football in Podunk, TX to get to the final point.

15. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I agree. Adam Clanton's on-air acumen is on a different level from the local crap we're used to. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go national in the near future. First time I heard him I was wondering why the hell they had been keeping this guy under wraps while subjecting us to the torture of having to likes of Vandermeer and co. all these years.

16. Landlord Landry

if I am not mistaken, I believe Clanton is only 26 or 27.

17. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Callers are about 75% r****ded. And only about 5% of them add anything of value to the conversation.

18. hondaguy007

hondaguy007 New Member

well i think that if people complain we would eventually lose some of hte combination duo talk show, but who really wants that? some show are good, and in the words of others- they suck. i personally like the ac experience, rome and 1560. When i dont agree with what is being said i just switch the dial! and last but not least we have the callers, some i agree are very bad, and to balance that we have some good ones, the every day callers.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That dude was hilarious.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i called that guy wasted during game 1 of the 1998 finals. asked him how much it'd cost to have him beat up papa joe chevalier. he said it'd be a cheeseburger.

also called him in december of 1997 when he was talking about heisman candidates for 1998. he laughed me off the radio when i said ricky.