1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it just me or......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NateNate, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The worst are the people who constantly change lanes in bumper-to-bumper rush hour traffic. They are actually the reason traffic builds up on freeways. If everyone would just chill and stay in their lanes, it would move much better.

I love the guy driving on 59 at 7am who's about to STROKE OUT because there's traffic. I love it when he rides my ass, then changes lanes....then I pass him 2 minutes later because his lane has come to a complete stop.

You're on a major freeway in the 4th largest city in the country and it's 7am....are you really surprised there's traffic??

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Definitely bothers the crap out of me. Where exactly do these people think they are going to get to on a packed freeway in Houston? F'n dumb asses.

My favorite though are the idiots who tailgate or even honk at me for slowing down in a school zone (and for some reason this only happens in the city). I am not risking running over kids or getting a ticket so you can save 15 seconds of your drive dumb asses!!!!

/rant

3. R0ckets03

Most douchiest/annoying drivers are definitely those awesome millionaires driving their 3 series BMW's, women in Range Rovers and guys who look like they are about to blow up either from food or steroids in their big ass trucks.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Bellaire... Now with construction. Worst spot in Houston.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We'll pray for you.

6. R0ckets03

True...its like driving in Shanghai...though I haven't ever been there.

And then the Indians are always a pleasure to drive with around Harwin of course.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The day we can get a ****ing ban cell phone use (hands free, it's not expensive to install if your car didn't come with it, and for the love of God, BAN TEXTING WHILE DRIVING ALREADY! Enforce it with a vengeance even, they deserve the fines!) I will do the Carlton dance. I hate hate HATE you ****ing morons who impede traffic while you check your FB status like a 14 year old girl.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Uh....no.

I feel your pain OP. Houston is full of speed demons. Traffic is serious in this city. I just stay to the right at around 70 most of the time and watch entire packs of cars fly past me at 70+ on the Katy Freeway. I've also looked down to check my speed and see I'm going around 80 when I'm in a line of cars. My biggest pet peeve (or one of), is the blocking of the left lane when turning around, or the idiots you block your line of sight because they don't know which side to take in the median.

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Do people not follow the HOV lane rules anymore? Those drivers just cut through the double white lines when they're not suppose to and it's making the HOV that much more dangerous to drive in...

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm convinced I-45 is the real reason why Chris Bosh decided not to come here. That has to be the ugliest, most inefficient highway in North America.

11. R0ckets03

All freeways are equally bad now.

610 around the Galleria anytime of the day.

45 south and Beltway

59 South or North around Shephard

I10 East or West around Washington

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I remember when there use to be inbound and outbound traffic on the Katy Freeway. Now, especially in the evenings, traffic gets bad both directions. Especially between Highway 6 and Voss, and again at 610 (talking afternoons here going inbound).

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

All the suburban folks come into the city and drive slow, looking around, "oh my gosh, what is that, a new Chipotle, oh how cool". It annoys us city people. I go get groceries at Central Market on a Tuesday and all is well. I go on a ****ing Saturday morning and it's congested with people that drove in from Katy that have no idea what they're doing or looking at or going. They walk out with a starfruit and an offbrand coke after spending 3 hours in the place.

14. bigben69

bigben69 Member

A lot of big trucks with people that drive them carelessly like they are small cars and then people not using turn signals. Those 2 things bother me so much. I got in a wreck in Fort Worth years ago because some guy pulled into my lane with no turn signal and when I turned away, I hit the car next to me. He just drove off. It took a few years before I felt comfortable driving next to someone on the freeway without being paranoid that they might turn into me.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I hadn't been in Houston for a couple of years until fairly recently, but I did notice a lot of the drivers are very aggressive these days. The roads are moving a lot faster and it is a bit more tense to drive. I was paying toll manually on the freeway entrance on Sam Houston Freeway and some guy in a new Mustang screams past the EZ Tag booth at least 80 mph. I think the posted sign said to slow down to 35 mph on toll booth entrances and exits.

16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

:rolleyes: Why are you so obsessed with expressing your hatred of people from the suburbs? It is bizarre. We get it already.

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

Who hurt you in the past? Remember not matter what they say you're beautiful inside and out even if only a mother could love you.

18. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I know right? **** those poors that can't afford to live in the loop:rolleyes:

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

New testing should be implemented and eliminate 5-10% of drivers currently on the road. It would decrease accidents by a much larger percentage and reduce traffic.

Insurance companies know this so they jack up coverage on those bottom feeders. The government just doesn't have the stones or ability to do it.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Traffic in Houston is pretty bad but it's really good when you compare it to any large metro area. The highways in Houston are vastly superior to other cities and it's something you don't realize until you're driving in other cities.