1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is it getting weird in Portland?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 11, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so sucks that roy can't play with yao ming then :(

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

http://www.dwightjaynes.com/does-jerryd-bayless-want-out-of-here

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/12/milwaukee_108_portland_101_bla.html

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bayless? For who?

They want a big, all we have are smalls.

DD

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Personally, as soon as i signed miller, i wouldve traded blake and had bayless as the backup or traded blake and started bayless and signed a vet backup. Blake is just good enough to lose with and Roy is whining although miller makes everyone better. I think if they don't make it to the 2nd rd or even the conf finals, nate might get fired.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

to be honest I think Pritchard doesn't know what he wants anymore. I think the Blazers are a case in point that getting talent without considering fit doesn't really work. IMHO they really need to dump blake, one of their sfs and either Oden or LMA for an upgrade at the sf spot. Clearly they need a better sf than Webster or Outlaw, Blake is redundant with both Bayless and Miller there and Oden and LMA don't fit together at all. The sad thing is instead of fixing his roster I think Mcmillan willl just be fired instead.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree with you on Blake etc....and they had Sergio too.....

They really had a lot of rotational talent, but at some point you got to trade starters away for some role players if you have too many of them....

Just for chemistry sake.

DD

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So you finally realized Blake isn't a starting caliber player in the NBA? Better late than never.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

IMHO Blake when his head is on straight is a starting caliber player on a championship team (which he was when DD was oggling him). He was a player who played good D, shot a great % and had a true PG mentality (unlike Alston who just masquaraded as a true pg but shot more than your average shoot first pg). IF we had him instead of Alston the Rox would have been in the 2nd round much earlier.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Blake isn't a starter on any team with championship aspirations. Rafer is more of a true pg than blake anytime anywhere, but neither are starters.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, I think he could be a starter, but it would depend on the makeup of the team.

And, I still think he is WAY better than Rafer....which was the point.

You seem to have missed that though.

;)

DD

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Putting Blake on the Rockets a couple of years ago wouldn't have made a dimes worth of difference. He was never "WAY BETTER" than Rafer. That is mythology and your point is wrong. I've seen him blow several games with totally boneheaded plays late, missed FTs, you name it. He's also hit clutch 3-pointers, like Rafer. Blake is just another guy you latched on to (probably) because he could shoot better than Rafer.

You ready to discuss the awesome Ramon Sessions?

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Blake would have been better on the Yao/McGrady Rockets....

And Yes, I hope we can get Sessions from Minny he is like Lowry with a jumpshot and better vision.

DD

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You just love backup PGs that play for other teams. To each his own. Please understand the grass only looks "WAY" greener in the neighbor's yard. It's deceiving.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rafer isn't a true pg at all. Rafer just masquerades as one. Actions speak louder than words, for a true pg Alston was actually on his way to shooting the most 3 pointers in a season in the entire Rox history. To top it off he hade a really big mouth, and despite being the weakest link offensively on the court managed to always get the 3rd highest shot total in the team, even when we had Yao, Tmac and Artest all playing last season.

All he really did on this team was bring the ball to the halfcourt, hand the ball to tmac and camp out at the 3 pt line anyway. Whether or not he was a true pg is academic imho. All I can say is I am so glad AB and Lowry are here instead of Alston.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Blake's descent started with his meltdown against us in the playoffs iirc. Before that Blake hadn't made a habit of making boneheaded plays, that's how he got the starting job in the first place. I disagree with your bolded statement, Blake would have helped us simply because he was a far better shooter than Alston. When Tmac was healthy all we really needed at the pg spot was a decent defender and good spot up shooter. Blake fit the bill perfectly back then IMHO.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, I just know basketball and what would work with Tmac and Yao....

:grin:

DD

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Seriously? LOL what do you base this on? Sessions is more similar to Brooks than to Lowry, suspect D, score first mentality, except that Brooks shoots the 3 and Sessions can't. Rather than saying he's an improved Lowry, he's actually a downgraded AB.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I was referencing his passing skills....he has EXCELLENT court vision....

I like Sessions a lot.

DD