1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it cheesy to start Webb at WR

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Major Malcontent, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I know this is more a Fantasy section question. But I am in the playoffs in a money league..I have a weak WR 2....I got Joe Webb who has receiver eligibility and am starting him at WR2....He will start for the Vikings at QB this week.

Is that weaksauce...should I go with Santana Moss instead or take the QB points from the receiver.

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I don't think there would be anything unethical about it if that's what you're asking. Of course, you could wind up with a horrible point total, too. It's far from a slam dunk.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You play to win the game.

4. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

They were actually talking about this on 610 earlier in the week. On the surface I would say go for it. Remember though, the field is going to be frozen solid (bad traction) and having a 3rd stringer in will probably lead to a heavy day of AP and not a lot of passing.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have some very good #2 receivers (Brandon Lloyd, Anquan Boldin, Stevie Johnson), but I picked up Webb last night and slid him into the receiver spot. I am in a very QB friendly league and could not pass up the opportunity.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

7. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I picked up Webb in all my leagues but decided against starting him. It is just too risky to get cute with a championship berth on the line.

Moss did really well today too. :eek:

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Smart move........got to do what you got to do...money league.

I am in 2 leagues, and am in the championship game in both next week.

DD

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The TCF Bank field is not frozen solid. In the latest news when they got the snow off the field wasn't in too bad shape. The snow apparently insulated the field. They have put a tarp on it and are blowing warm air on it. On game day it should be relatively soft.