1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it an Epic Fail if they lose #1 Seed?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bobblehead, Dec 17, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

alright, alright. you guys win. let's not even go to the playoffs. no chance in hell we win a game. just give up, have kubiak surrender. It's all lost now!!! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Texan fans seem to have low expectations, at least the "real" fans that only seem to post on this board.

3. macalu

macalu Member

man, it's like some of you are just wanting the wheels to fall off just so you can say, "i told you so." smh. i guess the season is over for you already. oh well. you can sit there waiting for the rain to pour down. i'll enjoy the overcast outdoors.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3 wins from the superbowl

Either they win next week and then 2 wins
    or
    they lose next week . . . end up in the wildcard needing 3 straight wins

losing next weekend will SUCK

Rocket River

5. meh

meh Member

It's ironic that halfway through the season, people are saying that the Colts may be gifted a playoff spot because the Texans will have nothing to play for by then. Only now it seems that the Texans will be gifted a #1 seed, because the Colts have nothing to play for next week.

Oh how things can change. :(

1 person likes this.
  6. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

ThEyve done little in their existence to make us feel otherwise. Can't blame em.

7. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

It wouldn't be the first time a Houston sports team disappointed in a big spot.

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

I have an expectation of disappointment as a Houston fan. This is particularly so as a Houston football fan. Is that rational? No. But it's the context I watch football in, because it's all I've known. MY football team has never played for a conference championship. MY football team has never sniffed a Super Bowl. The biggest games and the biggest moments aren't for MY team..they're reserved for other fans' teams.

Watching the Texans come out with zero passion or urgency yesterday given the opportunity they had ahead of them was so Houston it's ridiculous. At some point you find yourself saying, "Well of course."

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I found myself yelling this between boos yesterday - "Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers #1!!"

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How familiar this feeling is. Battlefighting excuses ahead.

11. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Member

In a sad way....Houston has a culture of letdowns.....

I wouldn't say Houston Sports has a culture of losing because there has been plenty of success in Houston Sports.... i.e. Rockets playoff runs and championships in the 90's....Astros playoff runs in the 80's and 90's......Oilers in the playoffs for years after years from the 80's to 90's......Dynamo championship runs....even the Aeros have a Turner Cup....

So this city is not been plaqued with losing organizations for years after years....BUT..this city has been left with numerous letdowns and disappointments.

So many letdowns that the true fans..the fans that have been here through it all and cried through it all..are always going to b e skeptics.

As Houston fans we are Pavlov's Dog.........

I am a fan...but not blinded, unaware and ignorant of what is happening.

Sorry I'm not one of these idiotic fans on TV that get interviewed by a Houston news reporter that screams "We're number one and we're going to the Super Bowl..woowee!"...even in the face of a 23-6 loss.

I'm hoping they pull it off...but I'm also realistic....

If I'm Debbie Downer because of that...then call me Debbie Downer.....

12. ipaman

ipaman Member

i'm hoping they win against the colts and get some momentum going before the playoffs along with a bye to rest the bumps and bruises.

that said if they don't get the #1 seed and instead fall to #3 seed then yes that is a fail. but not epic fail since they will still be alive in the playoffs.

#1 seed and one and done at home would be an epic fail i think.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think getting one and done in the playoffs is more an epic fail, than losing the #1 Seed.

if they get the #3 seed, and lose, its an epic fail, if they get #1 seed and lost to Ravens/Colts/Bengals at home, would be an epic fail.

Im hoping they win next week.

14. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Member

Boom....I was right....another Houston Sports fail.......Houston is just snakebit...... Just lose in the Wildcard and put us out of our misery......

15. 713

713 Member

Epic Fail is believing this team would make a run for the SUPERBOWL.. THE SUPERBOWL.. LMAO Same ole Texans.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Second year in a row.
    Is this the new trend of Houston sports teams? Monumental fails at the end of the season....

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeap, I would consider it epic fail.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans don't get the #1 seed that won't be an epic fail compared to that Chicago might not even go to the playoffs after starting out 7-1.

19. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

God, just insert a pic of Sasha Grey getting deep throated rt now...!! ARRRHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

20. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

Curse of the Oilers still lives