1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Hillary blowing it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Aug 5, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-new-hampshire_55c15303e4b0f7f0bebae9cb
    Statistical tie? Seems like she had a 40 point lead or so just several months ago. It's just my opinion of course, but I think Democratic voters are all holding their nose when thinking of voting for Hillary. IF (and its a big if) Sanders keeps this momentum going I can see many of them defecting to Sanders as he starts to become a viable alternative.

Thoughts?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think most Democraric voters have heard of Bernie Sanders or Warren or O'Malley. So less a case of Hillary blowing it than an inevitable loss in polling as options emerge. I hope I don't have to vote for her.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

A Sanders nomination and loss in the general would say less about Hilary's incompetence than about the DNC's failure to generate any fresh but moderate candidates.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hillary is very old and stale. At some point she's going to hit bottom. But unlike Obama in 2008, Bernie Sanders is not a viable alternative. She will pull out of it and be the Dem nominee. The only thing that can stop her is a huge scandal.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She's stale, but there's no credible frontrunner on the national scene. Biden is an old white Washington insider who comes off as genuine and bafoonish.

Sanders and Warren are too niche and Kucinich-esque (unfortunately but that shows you how right of center the US currently is).

Yeah, she has baggage, but it's more or less vetted baggage. I'm betting the Sec of State angle is a red herring for the Repub bloodhounds...

#5 Invisible Fan, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Needs to pull a Monica and blow Bill.

He's got a better chance of being reelected than she does.

There's already been a "ground breaking" novelty in Obama, now it's time for business.

The charade is up.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The one thing I don't worry about is Ms. Clinton's competence. She has the most professional team behind her and she has the experience in the public eye not to say anything stupid. Her "what does it matter" moment was exploited completely out of context, it was really an exasperation at the stupidity of the Republicans trying to diminish her, but it was a learning moment that won't happen again during the campaign.

Probably the only excitement and momentum she will require is the distinction of being the first women President. Other than that she just has to show up.

I think her actual administration will be well managed, centrist and non-controversial. She would rather do less so as just not to blow it. It's not like any real legislation would pass anyway. It will be sort of like Obama without the ACA,

I also think she will only serve one term so the Party's posturing behind her will be more interesting. The influence of Sanders/Warren will actually be more important for the country's political future than her Presidency, unless something happens to Scalia or Thomas.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ask Bill.

But seriously the problem Hillary has is that she just isn't that exciting of a candidate.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

She comes off as too mechanical, calculating and not sincere. But the alternative is...

10. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's New Hampshire.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

One of the few times I agree with you.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Imagine if she was getting doubled up by a noxious reality TV show star running for a joke.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

Her recent ad put a lot of people off... but it will also cater to a lot of under-informed, uneducated Americans. That's American politics for ya!

15. Invisible Fan

You laugh, but Clinton v. Bush looks realistic right now.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which is depressing.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

People said the iPhone was dead because it was losing "market share". The iPhone still reigns supreme.

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Early polls mean nothing.

This is the Trump effect. Without the crazy.

Hillary's got this.

19. Invisible Fan

People thought Gore sealed the deal but there was just enough division through the power of framing and narratives to cause enough doubt.

As much as I think the Republican Party is dead on the national scene, the way the system is set up will always give them a credible chance,

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I have read that Hillary's handlers know she can easily lose the caucus states of Iowa and New Hampshire, but on Super Tuesday, where just sheer TV money can dominate, she will pull it out.

This is the same reason why Jeb will pull it out, unless the Kochs and another half dozen of the billionaires back Walker, for instance.

Obviously the billionaires hate Bernie and for the most part they just back the the GOP candidates, including the crazier ones due to their ability to confuse various groups of the lower and middle class, whether it is the young healthy white guy "libertarians" --Rand-- or religious fndamentalists who seek rapture, Huckabee or Cruz. Obviously all the GOPers have to back tax cuts for the billionaires so there is no differentiation there.