1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Harden trying too much on drawing fouls?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AvgJoe, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Someone show how Harden destroyed the defending champ Mavs and the Spurs in the WCF's.I know you are a LOF, but atleast do some research you embecile.

2. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

who cares? its not as if he doesnt make his shots. He's been pretty clutch this year tbh, in fact I don't know why we didn't go to him more yesterday and had Parsons shoot as much as Harden.

3. tonman

tonman Member

first, harden getting to the line is a plus. if the refs swallow their whistle then they should swallow their whistle on the other side. both harden and lin make their living by contact and drawing the foul. that is not the problem.

the issue is harden playing in an offensive system. too many times harden tries to do it all himself. Carmelo can score 25 points every night but most people don't want Carmelo on their team. there is a reason for that. let's hope harden realizes what kind of player/scorer he should be.

4. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

No wonder he was so ineffective in the Spurs series when he was on the Thunders :rolleyes:

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't care but I do care when he tries too much on offense. Him and Howard kill or offense when know damn well **** is not falling. It rubs off on casspi and Cisco

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Carmelo and Harden are completely different players. Carmelo is a shooter. Harden is a scorer+playmaker. Harden averages way more assists than Carmelo and Carmelo plays an inefficient brand of basketball, just shoots mid range jump shots and does not look to drive to get the contact

7. tonman

tonman Member

just because you score doesn't mean you played well. the rockets scored 104 points. the reason we lost was because we can't seem to play as a team both offensively and defensively. not that we don't have players who can score. if lin was 2-4 for 7 points would he had played more? how about casspi? definitely not Garcia. you expecting Beverly to score more? jones to become the next all-star PF for Houston? that only leaves Parsons who yes had a miserable day but that shouldn't be the only reason why Houston's offense struggled. now do you see?

if everyone except harden and howard played like !@$%, then you tell me how many minutes the rest of the team should play and how many points they should score, how many shots that it would take, etc.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I mean seriously, he also had 7 assists and the fact is everytime we played he was instrumentsl. It wasn't just his 27 points, he got Howard going as well. Even the biggest Harden hater which you LOF's are cant possibly blame Harden last night.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Fixed

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It doesn't rub off on them, they're just playing like ****. They get open looks & don't sink them. Garcia's bricks this year could build a house & Casspi's just been bad since his damn white house visit.

I'm not saying Harden doesn't over do it sometimes when fishing for fouls but the pros out weigh the cons. Simple as that. Plus I'm willing to bet Harden leads our team in and1's by a HUGE margin.

11. tonman

tonman Member

no Carmelo is a scorer. they are "different" but they are different because they play different roles. Carmelo is a pure 3 and sometimes can play the stretch 4. harden is a 2/3 wing. for example, harden is taking about 39% threes where Carmelo only about 17%. and Carmelo is averaging 9.6 reb. if Carmelo doesn't drive to the basket, somehow he's able to get to the line 7.6 times a game. thought you're not supposed to foul a jump shooter. if he's posting up, then that's not "inefficient".

the bottom line is they take a lot of shots in stagnant offensive sets which makes their teammates stand still.

12. tonman

tonman Member

you don't get it. he's the one piling the stat sheet because he's got the ball and everyone is looking at him. it wasn't just harden passing the ball to howard - bev, lin, and others were. it's just they don't have the ball that much to pad their assists.

harden needs to know when to be the main cog of the offense and when not to. what I saw was parsons getting very frustrated on offense and when he got the ball he tried doing the exact same things harden/howard does and that is doing too much. again, someone's got to score the points. the question is do you want harden to do the bulk or do you want to make it more of a team effort.

if the bench is only going to play 50 min, you had better look to getting parsons going also as there's no one else.

13. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Well the teammates should stop standing still, and start setting off ball screens or flare screens to get themselves open for the shot

Like why would Lin just stand in the corner, tell Jones to set a back screen for him or something

14. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

lol this is so bad. Harden should've ball hogged more yesterday for us to win. should have shot it 25 times rather than 18.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Welcome to the world of Superstars. Kobe, Lebron, Tmac( his prime),Wade( his prime) were and are all ISO ball dominante players. BTW,if anything I thought last night was one of the lesser ISO games.

16. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

and this is the NBA where superstars dominate

17. tonman

tonman Member

BECAUSE THAT'S THE FREAKING OFFENSE and you have to FOLLOW the OFFENSE because supposedly other players need to know WHERE YOU ARE.

haven't you seen the "Fire McHale" rant passed around? now you get it? I LIKE harden, just WRONG SYSTEM and harden doesn't seem to see that it's wrong. it's HIS team and he needs to make it work for everyone not just himself.

18. tonman

tonman Member

if you go here than you have to agree that this is therefore ENTERTAINMENT. then we can agree.

19. tonman

tonman Member

from the standpoint that once he started his ISO move he made good passes. the problem is that the ISO was the offense, he just didn't shoot himself.

I don't disagree with the "world of superstars" but if you want to win a championship, one "superstar" ain't gonna cut it. two probably won't. you're only lucky if you get 2.5 to 3 like Miami or the Spurs.

the rockets have harden and howard. they need to elevate parsons which means he's got to be in the "offense". they also need bench which means you HAVE to play lin and casspi EVEN when they struggle because that's the only way to have a TEAM!!!

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I did not see Casspi and Cisco get good open looks.