1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is harden top 5 player in the NBA? First take quarantine shares its thoughts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, May 22, 2020.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

On a positive note, Kellerman does give Harden credit for his defensive improvement. Not enough by saying he was just above average, but enough considering most don't laud Harden for his defense at all. As for his list, Curry doesn't belong there anymore based on what we've seen from him the past year-plus. And Durant needs to prove that his game will recover from his injury.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

If switching MDA and pop as a coach,
    If beating Spurs in 4th quarter game 5 and game 6
    Spurs without Kawhi, Duncan, Parker

2019 if beating GSW in 4th quarter game 5 and 6,
    Without Durant

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD had a bigger drop in efficiency than Harden in the playoffs before he joined GS culminating in him going 10-32 in game 6 with a chance to go to the finals

Steph falls off in the playoffs too, but his team is stacked so he wins regardless

imagine if Harden ever had 4.75 games where he played as bad as Steph did in last year’s series...Steph didn’t even show up until the 4th quarter of game 5, but he still had the opportunity to go up 3-2 because he had KD carrying his ass

Pelicans would be their usual 10th or 11th seed if they had AD and no Zion

instead of going on Cowturd’s show for some creampuff interview, Morey should be going on 1st Take to embarrass and destroy idiots like Max...ignorant people need to get checked

split41, JayGoogle, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Why do you guys watch these shows when all they do is make you mad ?

Yung-T and fattz like this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

I feel like the more that Max Kellerman talks, the more annoying he becomes

6. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Jay williams owned Max

7. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Im still trying to figure out what has KD done to be on anyones list ahead of Harden?

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean Steph career playoff numbers are far more efficient than Harden. Steph averages similar amount of points but 4% higher TS% and averages far fewer turnovers.

I think Curry's numbers would be inflated in a Dantoni heliocentric offense.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know why people have such victim complexes here. I don't think there is some inherent bias against Houston in the media.

Harden in my opinion is around the 5th best player in the league and yes it's very debatable when the league is very stacked at the top. Yes there is an argument for Kawhi and Curry being ranked higher than Harden and there is an argument for Harden to be ranked higher than Kawhi and Curry. I think AD has no argument over Harden. AD has his time as the best player of his team and he routinely either missed the playoffs or eliminated in the first round.

amaru likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

You can put 25 sharks into a tank with a piece of Dolphin in it. And Ryan Tannehill is the result. That's what matters here.

11. fattz

fattz Member

He is a Rocket...
    so
    THE top 5:
    Harden, Westbrook, Covington, Tucker, & Dream if he wants to play.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As a big Davis cannot control the pace or change the pace of a game, he can mostly just star in a half court setting where he must be fed.

Limitations over limitations.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

What 5 players can you say are definitely better than Harden? You could make an argument for guys like Leonard, LBJ and it’s debatable with guys like Davis and Giannis. Objectively, Harden is better than Curry imho. You could have mentioned Durant before the Achilles tear (definitely not now).

Currently I have Harden as the 2nd best player in the NBA but the difference between players 1-5 is so slight they are practically interchangeable. As for the ESPN video, you know they pander to the casual fans. Harden’s game is not as pretty as others so they hate it. I’m surprised the listed him in the top 10.

14. amaru

amaru Member

People love these “who is better” debates even though they are meaningless.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden has not been a Top 5 player in 2020. Not even close, really. Hopefully he returns to his rightful status as one when the league comes back.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Doubt it, same ducking story every year

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

How is it debatable with guys like Davis? I can’t see any semblance of an argument he would have over Harden. None at all.

18. amaru

amaru Member

For me the difference between 1-5 is so small that you can practically interchange the players. I have Harden as 2-3 on any given night but I would argue if somebody has him as low as 5. Davis is in my top 5. The man is an absolute freak, he’s just had terrible luck with injuries so far and the N.O front off struggled to surround him with enough talent. I have Harden over everybody except Kawhi and possibly LBJ but I’m not going to get in a tizzy if somebody ranks Davis or Harden.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think Curry’s scoring would definitely bump up big time. Assists too.

But also find it likely his turnovers increase, his efficiency decreases and whatever his level of defense is currently would also dip.

Curry has had it made in the shade. All time great offensive and defensive players to shoulder the burden and take some defensive attention away. And a team stacked enough that he can play really low minutes.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is incorrect. Harden was firmly Top 5, likely Top 3, the last two seasons.