1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Harden the Anti-Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dookiester, Apr 23, 2014.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I disagree, but I do feel he needs to work on his defense.

There are days when superstars are off (outside of Lebron and Durant), those days they need to know how to focus on their D and getting the ball to the hot hands.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This. If you put Tracy McGrady on this team instead of Harden we'd be 2-0 on the Blazers right now. T-Mac actually knows how to play with a bigman, he knows the pick and roll game and he had a sick ass mid range game.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

So you're saying Harden at his worst = Jeremy Lin?

Well Jeremy Lin had a better two games than Harden. Harden playing like ***** right now... what the ****:mad::mad::mad:

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Harden does not have what it takes to be "the man", especially when the stakes are high (playoffs). He's mentally weak and he's too selfish. Even in games where he does play well, there isn't much flow to the Rockets' offense. That's partly his fault and partly McHale's fault.

It has been extremely frustrating watching him these two games.

It is looking likely that this series ends in a sweep.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Lin's scrub play has rubbed off on him. Lin's such a bad influence (on the court)!

6. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

I have been a Rocket fan for 30 years and it takes a lot for me to get this pissed off. But damn, Harden just looks like he wants to be any place on earth but on that court!! 0 defense and very little effort on offence.... So sad to see and I bet he just gets worse, I hate to type this but I see a sweep coming.

7. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

James Harden better show up in the next game or we will be swept out of the first round. I think McHale either needs to put Howard on Aldridge or throw D-Mo out there. Terrence Jones is too small to guard him and Asik is too slow. If we allow him to continue to get 40 points then we will definitely be swept. I am so disappointed in this team right now. I expected us to get to the Western Conference Finals. Looks like we might have to go back to the drawing board. I am starting to wonder how we beat this team three times in the regular season.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Can't believe that Lin is actually better than Harden in these TWO games so far. I never imagine seeing this EVER. WTF is happening to Harden...it's like somebody named Mathews drug him and put him in a coma and make him forget about what a great player he is lol. Dude is ****ed up in his mind. He forgot to drive to the basket anymore.

9. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

I WISH Harden was playing like tmac did. He's playing more like Luther Head did back in the day. Check out those regular vs postseason splits.

Harden's got the skills. Hope he comes out mad on Friday

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

This shows your lack of basketball knowledge. You'd think with so many posts on a basketball forum you'd pick up a little knowledge here and there.

12. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Harden trying to paint a picasso with all that paint he's taking off the rim

13. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

But its not just D. Harden and Co have no room to drive because portland is just packing the paint. That's a lot of the reason we havnt been driving. Mchale has got to fix this

15. Jblazea50

Jblazea50 Member

He isn't a legit superstar. He is a glorified offensive player. Most, if not all, superstars give effort on both ends of the court. They do their best trying to help the team in other ways besides just scoring. Harden does absolutely nothing besides chucking.

16. Andrew Wiggins

He ha always been bad, but it used to be because he gambled on steals too often but he would actually get one here and there. Now the league knows it and he is exposed. He is a flawed superstar and a one way player if that. Who would you rather have tonight, honestly, mathews or hardens 4/17?

17. highlander3128

Head at least tried to play defense under JVG.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He is a sensitive dude with no heart. I saw him break down teams in crunch time with the thunder. But now he is just playing like a scared, whiny, entitled b**** tbh. Its disgusting.

19. i3artow i3aller

At least T-Mac was playing hurt. Harden quits when healthy.

20. Asian Sensation

I don't recall Tmac ever getting schooled by guys like PJ Tucker, Jodie Meeks and Wes Matthews.