1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is Harden popular in China?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Petey-N-Htown, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow, even their demigods are catching Beard fever.

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

LOL that's some serious machine translator fail there. It's a little hard to read some of that simplified crap, but what she says is more along the line of:

"I think this is the current trend:

Players the Rockets acquire automatically becomes underestimated. Examples: Lin, Asik, Harden.

Players the Rockets let go are automatically apotheosized. Examples: Martin, Lowry, Buddinger, Dalembert, Lamb, Lee.

While I'm at it, let's have a few more words: To sum it up, in the eyes of black people, the Rockets are just stupid. While the traded players were on the Rockets, the Rockets are the bottom of the pile in the NBA, and none of the players is any good. Once they are traded, they undergo immediate apotheosis. The Rockets team is just blind. It's a superstar graveyard that only acquires garbage and continue to be the bottom of the pile in the NBA.

Just saying, every year people say the Rockets are the bottom of the pile, so how come in the last three years they have been the champions in the draft and finishes in the top 15? How is that bottom of the pile?"

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

He's big in Japan.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Beardzilla?

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Hardon is big in Amsterdam, Budapest, and Southern California. Only problem is they prefer him shaved.

6. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Alphaville... one of my favorite. I remember the time. The year Rockets got the Dream and I was dreaming of hotties pretty much whole year. Those were the good old days. :cool:

7. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Kobe and Nash are more popular than Harden for sure.

So no, he won't get voted in as a starter into the All-Star game at least not this season. I say he'll make it as a reserve if he does get into the game.

8. davidlee

davidlee Member

if not now, he will be soon :grin:

9. mirus

mirus Member

not sure which line u r referring to ,i think it should be "hei zi" which means haters,an internet slang actually.eg kobe hater.
    it's not just you,I have trouble reading the internet posts initially because of the usage of internet specific slangs.

what i posted is the general board response ,something similar to real gm general board.

here's the rockets board:http://bbs.hupu.com/rockets

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

No, I was not familiar with that internet slang, "hei zi" is literally "black son" or "black person" and that is internet slang for haters? Wow. That is pretty friggin...just wow.

12. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Wait, we traded out Martin, Lamb and two first round picks and we couldn't even get straight Harden??? Another example of how Morey's assets have gotten us nowhere...

13. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

i don't know, but Lin is popular here

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol this translator seriously could start wars .....
    Marcia_Gay_Harden is a hollywood actress
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcia_Gay_Harden

15. nbafever

nbafever Member

Grigori: "apotheosized"

wow, seriously impressed :)

never would have imagined reading that in a basketball forum ... props

16. nbafever

nbafever Member

mirus, so what are fans in China saying about the Harden trade? how much do they like it?

17. mirus

mirus Member

ah no... it's not racist term...sorry if i didnt make it clear.i think it derives from "mo hei" ie to blacken one's name .
    so it could be like this "i am a morey basher/hater(Morey - hei)
    the opposite is fan ie "mi" .not sure why they use this instead of literal translation of "fan".:)

will come back 2 u later nbafever .it's quite a lot of things to read at.

18. Grigori

Grigori Member

Now that slang I am familiar with, they use the characters for rice noodle (literally "powder" and 'thread') for fans because it sounds like "fans." I don't see "mi" (literally "obssessed") used much anymore. I wonder how long it will be before restaurants start selling Lin-only rice vermicelli in Houston?

19. mirus

mirus Member

i can only say about internet fans on the forum since i'm not a native nor i lived there.
    rockets fan love this.in fact they are ectastic (maybe there's some minority that dont like nit).finally got a star after years,so it's the same with us lol.
    and yeah,now they want another star(same).

like this one:

http://bbs.hupu.com/4515362.html

I'm a morey basher,but i should objectively evaluate the trade

My main dissatisfaction for Morey is mainly his thinking is unclear in terms of constructing the team,
    when the core of Yao & T mac collapsed.There's only two roads.Use Tmac/yao for draft picks and get a new core.Two,
    tank as early as possible.....no real stars
    But I'm cheering for Morey after the trade for Harden...martin has injury history,and his contract is expiring
    so he wont be a cornerstone for a franchise.
    lamb is a 12th pick,but we dont know if he could
    play like one.And also,the toronto & mavs pick ,are more likely to be mid lotto picks.
    Harden is one of the few 09 picks that becomes are star.(other notables i remember are blake & holiday).
    A 23 year old,with finals experience,high attendance rate,has experience with a contender,
    a guy who use only two years to proof his worth .Chances are lamb & the two draft picks
    (likely to be mid lotto picks are not likely to exceed harden's performance.

(Part translation only)

i cant find main boards(ie other fans ) comments.Will post later.
    some other comments includes like what most other forumers would ask such
    as is harden a max player?

http://bbs.hupu.com/4515995.html
    There's an saying that whoever is the winner (in nba trades) is the one whose players
    they traded are in the headlines.

I cant believe that when i opened hupu(SPORT FORUM & NEWS).The title is
    "Shocking! Martin & Lamb traded to OKC!"

20. mirus

mirus Member

maybe the group i frequented?some commonly used are like Melo,whom they called "gua" (direct translation of melo).so a melo fan should be "gua-mi".
    i dont like mi,but i'm not sure how wade,le bron fans called themselves.
    vermicelli tasted the same so why i should buy a specially branded? lol.
    it'll be funny btw:grin:

btw feel free to ask me to translate .tq.