1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Gerald Green a Low Bball IQ Bust or Is He an Untapped Potential?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by v3.0, Feb 21, 2008.

?

Which Type of Player is Gerald Green?

1. Low Bball IQ Bust ala Stro

170 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Untapped Potential even though 2 teams already gave up on him

206 vote(s)
    54.8%
  1. pollaxt

pollaxt Member

2. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Gimme a break. His IQ has nothing to do with determination and his will to win... :rolleyes:

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

So what you are saying is he isn't motivated because he doesn't want a ring?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

All you people whining about the Rudy Gay trade...here you go.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't know...i remember being a Kings fan, remembering how Gerald Wallace was so athletic but can never shoot in his first or 2nd year. I mean seriously, he CAN NOT SHOOT!!! Has no confident and so his job is always driving to the basket. But look what happened now?? Everyone's talking about his potential

6. d.wang

d.wang Member

If he's a bust, he's a cheap bust. We just wont resign him next year.

7. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Thats a real SHOCKER!! (Insert Shocker picture here ;) )

8. durvasa

durvasa Member

Probably the former, but he's young and it's worth a shot.

9. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Neither. Heard him speak at the dunk contest, and it's clear from his comments that he's just plain stupid; his stupidity is not just within the basketball realm. I think the Stromile Swift comparison is fair. However, this traits will not preclude him making a contribution on this team, as long as he knows his role. He can be a good energy guy of the bench.....when we are up by 20 and down by 20.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Whose hand is that and what's it doing on Gerald Green's butt?

As for the question... who knows? Is it worth a non-rotation player and a 2nd round pick to find that out (and save a little cash in the mean time)? Probably.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

I like how you judge his intellect on a few comments made after a dunk contest.....

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

that's definitely a bad shooting form. ala marion.

13. Ashes

Ashes Member

His shooting form isn't bad, that's a contested leaner between two players. Just because a guy is missing a finger doesn't mean he can't shoot. Especially since he's only missing half of the r****d finger (The Ring finger).

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He was dealt from Boston because they got GARNETT! Not because he sucks. Ya his time on the timberwolves was questionable but to say he is a bust at this age is very stupid. Look at the players hes been around..... ya exactly.

This is the perfect chance for him. He is at home, will try to make things work because he knows if it doesnt his nba career is short. The guy has game... trust me. If he would of been in college for a year he would of been a top 3 pick.

The potential is there... he is excited. Lets give him a shot. I really like this trade.

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

looks like hes shooting with two hands in that pic, and having only four fingers is a pretty big disadvantage when shooting. onl

16. spysta

spysta Member

WHERE IS RON ARTEST? and to a lesser extent where is mike miller?

17. professorjay

professorjay Member

Nice find. So his favorite player is Tmac. Well this is the best opportunity to prove he's more then potential: play next to 2 superstars, one of them a player he patterns himself after.

There's no doubt he would've been better served if he played at least a year in college though.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I echo Matt Jackson's advice to Gerald Green. Go to Mens' Wearhouse and invest in some suits cause the letters DNP will be beside his name throughout the rest of the season.

19. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

lmfaooo wtf...GG is missing a finger?? haha. interesting

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I don't know enough about the kid's game to give a respectable answer to the question. From what I've read, he does need to work on his maturity.