1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is George Bush the Worst President - EVER?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Dec 6, 2005.

1. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

yet he was elected to a second term :confused:

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Our opinion doesn't matter.
    Ask those who make the selections.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

In expansive interview, Diebold insider alleges company plagued by technical woes; Raises questions about Georgia gubernatorial election and Ohio November results... Developing...

http://www.rawstory.com/

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

is anything you don't like to hear deemed invalid?

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Historically it is impossible to even think about ranking him right now. That goes for any president, but seems even more true now because this White House keeps information very close. It will be at least 50 years before a real idea of what he was come to fruition.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In the broad sense that historians typically use, and considering how long it usually takes to get access to information that has been classified, deservedly so or not, I have to agree with you. I was using my own personal opinion, based on my own experience, and I am strictly an amateur. I suspect that these historians are doing the same thing, but from the aspect of being experts in their field.

Keep D&D Civil.

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

It is my opinion. Anyone with his character cannot be considered a good president. And on top of that they tried to give Bin Laden to him and he declined. The guy is a joke and a boldface liar.

8. mc mark

Also reggie never forget that Saddam planned 911.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

So GWB was offered OBL? Cuz we know Clinton never was except in the minds of rightwing nuts.

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand the first part and agree with you - I think he is the worst in my lifetime (although Reagan's second term when he was already suffering from Alzheimers does not help).

Historians, however, are another matter. They are not experts in current events and politics. They are experts in usually very specific periods of history. Presidential historians exist, obviously, but they are often limited in expertise to certain periods as well. It is impossible to say right now how our history will even be written, much less how this president will look in that history. SO even though these historians have better mental databases to which to compare Bush, they are still fairly useless because their comparisons are based on a position of the historical timeframe that does not currently exist for us now. That is probably why only 1/3 responded...it is just an opinion pole but is unfairly weighted due to their "expert" label.

11. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

So a guy that makes jokes about his justification for going to war, consistently advances the interest of the elites over the least advantaged, and displays a general indifference to the plight of everyday people is someone with good character?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't argue with you at all. I still remember having a professor of Texas history, one of my favorite subjects, who literally read from the textbook, and considered that a "lecture." I think it's the only history class I ever took that I fell asleep in. You are too right.

Keep D&D Civil.

13. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I said Bush was the 2nd worst right behind Clinton. I'm conservative & republican for the most part, but I don't blindly support my president. I think Bush is horrible.

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

would it be fair to assume that clinton is the only democratic president you've lived through and if that weren't the case carter would be second worst?

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What are the criteria? Nixon was unlovable but he had many international suceesses including opening up China and getting us out of Viet Nam.
    Carter was a truly virtuous man (who loved the Allman Brothers) but ineffectual in office.

With the checks and balances of the American system no president can ever really do anything too evil or dictate overwhelming change. A very large percentage of the people hated Reagan at the time but looking back he takes on an air of benevolence.

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Not true, he bombed Iraq to help remove some of the focus from the Lewinski scandal... He also ignored chances to take out Osama, COMPLETELY IGNORED the genocide in Rwanda and took too long and gave too little effort to the genocide in the Balkans. Yeah, he was an amazing president.

18. mc mark

Link? thanks in advance

19. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

How can you link to that? :confused:

I find it amazing that some of you are falling victim to the "worst ever" fallacy. There have been much worse presidencies. Anyone who's studied the presidency can tell you that Bush is nowhere near the top or the bottom. He's about middle of the pack right now with 3 years to decide if he's in the top half or the bottom.

Honestly, some of you have such a hard-on for hating Bush that you allow what I assume to be your normally good judgement to go out the window.

20. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

You forget...many on the FAR left only believe something if you can turn it into a slogan.