1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dirk the Best?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by il italiano, Jun 12, 2011.

?

Is Dirk the Best?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

The best basketball player in the NBA right now is Jason Terry.

2. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

LeBron is so overrated it is ridiculous.

We saw how good he was in 2004 Olympics when they lost to Manu and Argentina, 2006 FIBA World Championship when they lost to Spanoulis and Greece, and even in 2008 Olympics when Kobe had to take over the end of the gold medal game, or the US loses that to Navarro and Spain.

In other words, without a true closer like Kobe, LeBron was exposed by the good international teams. The same thing was happening in 2008, until Kobe came to the rescue. LeBron would have won another bronze if Kobe was not there in 2008.

We saw how good LeBron was in 2007 when the Spurs made him look like a joke for the most part. We saw how good LeBron was in 2010 when the Celtics made him look bad.

And we saw how good he is in 2011 when Dallas turned him into a non-factor for almost the entire series.

He had Wade and Bosh and decent role players like Haslem, Miller, Chalmers and he still could not win a title. LeBron is the 2nd most overrated NBA player, behind only Ricky Rubio.

I am not saying LeBron isn't a good player in general. He is. But he is more like top 10 and not the #1 or #2 like the media claims.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know, I think they do. However, since the Mavs got Tyson Chandler and Brendan Haywood, this allowed Dirk to not concentrate too much on the defensive end, knowing that if your man blows by you, there is a 7-footer waiting behind you.

But for the skills that Dirk has, he is VERY good at what he does. I still don't think Dirk is the best player in the league, but I think he is, right now, the best PF in the league.

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Rose is awful. Secondly, using your logic, then Hakeem was not the best player in the NBA in 94 and 95. Face it. Dirk was the best player of the NBA this season.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

So you're going to disregard James carrying that Cavs team (James and X number of scrubs) to the Finals against the Spurs?

And the same team, for the most part, against a vaunted Celtics defense?

And the 2011 playoffs, not counting the Finals. You're going to disregard Wade and Bosh not playing well, while James was the main factor in them even reaching the Finals?

A lot of people focus on what James does wrong. But he has more moments where he shines in the spotlight, than moments where he shrinks from it.

Unfortunately, he chose the Finals to be a total scrub. :/

6. il italiano

il italiano Member

no doubt lebron has the capability to be one of the best of all time, just go back to his performance against detroit a few years back. i just feel that he doesn't have the mental toughness or killer instinct to perform in the spotlight, when the pressure is at its greatest. this is something that he has to work on.

also how has lebron not developed a more reliable knock down jumper by now?

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He shot 9 for 26 in this game omGGGGGGG

8. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He is top 5-10 in the NBA, and I give him that mainly because he is a really good defender (during the playoffs anyway).

But he is clearly the 2nd most overrated NBA player. Only Rubio beats him in that category. He universally regarded as the #1 or #2 player in the NBA, and he has never once actually been either. He is still young.

He will probably get their eventually and I am sure he will win some titles eventually. But the claim has always been that he is already the best or second best, even now, and it's never been true.

Quite frankly, LeBron is like a media glorified Pippen, minus the reffed-helped 6 titles..

9. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Shutup Hossein

10. langal

langal Member

After a 1 for 12 start, he was 8 for 14 and scored 11 in the fourth.

Have to give him some credit for having the balls to shoot and turn it around when it counted the most.

If Lebron started 1 for 12, he would end up 1 for 12

11. il italiano

il italiano Member

i wouldn't go as far as to say 2nd most overrated. he is slightly overrated, but still easily top 5 in NBA