1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Deron Williams and Dwight Howard a DREAM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilguun, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bilguun

bilguun Member

my scenario is

Not re-sign Thabeet,let Flynn and Dragic go. Stretch buy-out Dalembert’s $1.5mil 2012 option so it only counts $500,000 against Salary Cap.

Left w/ Martin,Scola,Lowry,Hill,Williams,Patterson,Morris,Motie(coming over),Bud,Parsons. About $41mil in salary.

We must get rid of scola's contract and theres no point in keeping lowry if we getting deron which leave us with 27 mil in salary.

Scola and Lowry would get traded for some cap relief and a young player/draft pick or a STARTING SF,freeing up more room to sign Dwight,Williams.

That will leave us enough for 2 $16mil deals.

MLE available for Lee.

Dwill, Llull
    Martin, Lee, Twill
    XXX, Morris, Parsons
    Patterson, Monty
    Dwight, Hill

2. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I don't know why we just arbitrarily get rid of Scola. Him and Howard would perfectly compliment each other.

Also... it wouldn't be the end of the world to have Lowry come off the bench and get some play in at the 2.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Cap space, regarding both Scola and Lowry.

I wouldn't risk it unless we can get some good old-fashioned collusion going and assurances that D-Will and Howard actually would want want to be here.

4. AFS

AFS Member

Comparing the way Dwill and Lowry are playing right now, I'd rather have Lowry. Dwill didn't have such a hot season last year either. He's got the name recognition, but right now that's about it.

5. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

We have the cap space without trading Scola and Lowry though. If we don't bring anyone back, we'll have 25Mil on the books given to Lowry, Martin, Scola, Morris, Dalembert's 1.5 million garunteed money after being cut. 33 million to spend... and you COULD bring back Budinger for 1 million (and we don't have to make the decision there until the offseason), we could bring back Patterson for 2 million and Jordan Hill for 3.6 (we probably have to make those decisions soon). Twill, Flynn and Thabeet are all gone next year IMO. Lee and Dragic are unrestricted and probably gone if we do this.

If we keep Budinger and Patterson, we'll have 30 million to spend. We could probably double sign and trade Lowry for Williams, and then flat out sign Howard. We would have our starting line up... sure, we'd be weak at the 3 still but you'd have Williams/Howard/Scola/Martin as your core. That's on par with those guys in Miami IMO... they have nobodies at PG and C and get away with it.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Enjoy:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=210902

1 person likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. At least thats how the Rockets should view the situation,imo.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Yes it is a dream. They wouldn't want to come here

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Lowry is a keeper. Just for his hustle alone. You just can't trade this guy. While trading for Paul or D-Will is an improvement at point guard, it doesn't improve the team by that much.

I'd much rather try to improve SF or C before trying to upgrade a position we are good at. The drop off in talent from Paul/Williams to Lowry is less than the drop off in talent from Howard to Hill.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry>Deron

Just go for Dwight.

11. King901

King901 Member

Never going to happen.

12. bilguun

bilguun Member

i prefer lowry than dwill aswell but howard doesnt want to play with lowry

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He might if Lowry keeps this up and we can pick up another piece, like maybe Iggy from 76ers.

14. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

I would just go after dwight and thats it lowry is all we need at the pg spot

15. Rockets_Texans

dude you can be a GM for the Houston Rockets. Seriously

16. Rockets_Texans

But I would just want Dwight Howard instead of Deron. I think Lowry fits better with DH12

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why get Deron Williams when we already have Kyle Lowry? DW is a bit better but he's also making more than 3x what Lowry is making. Why pay that much for a minimal upgrade, when you can use the cap for something else?

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade Lowry for Dwill, to do so would be a waste of money an asset's.

Rocket fans always want to have a star player and now that we have one we should support him and stop talking about trading him for other points.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Im starting to have doubts about Dwill.

He looks really really bad right now.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Just go all out for Dwight, keep Lowry and go after small forward upgrade and depth.