1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is DeMarcus Cousins a better fit for Rockets than LeBron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Jan 14, 2018.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'd personally prefer having Boogie for the fact that he'd give us a great replacement for Ryno and Capela.

Boogie can finish down low, but is perfectly fine playing off-ball, shooting from the perimeter.

He also can grab us more rebounds -- they're way more crucial when going against a team that's better on offense.

He also plays the post -- which would add a ridiculous dynamic to this already potent offense. CP added a mid-range game to this team, and now Boogie would add a 1-on-1 post offense, finishing over both shoulders.

If he's not scoring low, stretch the floor as a shooting threat, and then protect the rim if we end up turning the ball over, save your breath.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If it’s between the two I’d take bron 100% of the time. Cousins antic’s and LBJ being a better fit makes it a no-brainer. That said I’d take boogie if he were available and the only FA option.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’re #1 in defensive rebound percentage which is the most important thing to me

we’re not some elite offensive rebounding team which is fine...we manage to generate extra possessions by being 4th in steals per game

RiceRockets, Easy and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not a fan of giving Lebron 5 year contract next year at that age. That doesn't mean I want Cousins instead. He's a head case and can't really jump for lobs so he doesn't really fit in our offense.

Remlap likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

u give Lebron whatever he wants because he represents your best shot at beating GS within the next 2-3 years by far...worry about all that other stuff later

Harden and CP3 aren’t getting any younger

all I want is just 1 chip during the Harden era and I’d be satisfied...it could be ages before we have another player like prime Harden...if we don’t win a chip with him, then who knows when the next opportunity would be

Morey talks about a 5 year window, but to me, it’s really like a 2-3 year window to get this chip

winning one when CP3 is over 35 and probably not able to play at a consistently great level and Harden is over 30 is hard for me to see happening...I’m all in right now

Y2JT, malakas and theimpossibles1 like this.
  6. ballscientist1

Great points!

Owner and GM are usually different.

LeBron and Paul are too old in the 2nd year of the playoffs (2020).

LeBron's no-trade clause could kick out Chris Paul in 2020 or high-paid players.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you can get LeBron James to join James Harden and Chris Paul, you get LeBron. To get Cousins when you could get LeBron in this "fantasy deal" would be crazy, in my opinion. With all due respect to the OP, I think James is a perfect fit with our core and the system. I don't care what his age is. I haven't noticed any slowing down on the guy's part. Just thinking about both his offense and his defense on the Rockets is enough to get me excited. Pondering the open shots he'd get with Houston? I start drooling. Hell, imagine the ball movement with all 3 on the court! A great alternative to James has been mentioned, and that's Paul George. I'd make a play for him over Cousins. That's an easy decision for me, given the chance, of course.

RiceRockets, D-rock and Easy like this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

1000% this.

Lbj takes this team to a stratosphere no other player can.

No team in the history of the league has ever had the 3 best passers in the league on the same team. Not to mention they all play different positions.

The thought of running a harden Lebron pick and roll to close games out is overwhelming for my head. If you think draymond green does a good job running that with curry imagine that times 100 with Lebron and then you still have cp3 hanging in the corner ready to spot up for a wide open three or attack a side of the court that might have 1 guy within 10 ft of him.

I think offensively we would run circles around golden state. Just to many elite playmakers who can all shoot the three ball and get to the rim.

We’d have 2 of the top 5 players in the nba (honestly prob top 3) and the best point guard in the nba who’s taken his scouting up a notch since joining here and his efficiency is up because he’s taking and making more threes.

If you can somhow keep Gordon? Just wow I’ll let clint and everyone else go if need be.

Harden/Lebron/cp3/Gordon the fact that you can run 2 it those guys possibly 3 at all times is ridiculousl. The rockets ORTG would be 120+ ppg at all times imo.

D-rock and Deckard like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Do u think that Lebron won’t be a top 5 or at the very least top 7 or 8 player 2 years from now? It wouldn’t surprise if he’s still the best player in the NBA by the slimmest of margins 2 years from now. Harden will still be 1 of the best in the NBA too. CP3 could still manage to be top 15-20.

I will take an aging Lebron and whatever cap/money issues come with it over settling for Boogie. Boogie comes with his own major problems too. I’m looking to get the most out of the next 2-3 years by any means necessary. I am looking at it from a fan’s perspective tho. It’s true that Tilman may not really want to be paying all that money to a 38 yo Lebron/CP3, but I don’t see any organization turning down Lebron James because of that.

RiceRockets and D-rock like this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I think he's better than that clipper center from Houston

11. farhen

farhen Member

no more lob to capela? nah!

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You have to think Banana Boat (Melo/D-Wade/CP3/LeBron)

CP3 looked for a team that has an aggressive GM that can work the financials well enough to possibly adding
    another Banana Boat member (or two). Melo was demanding a move to Houston to join CP3 this past
    summer. This is shades of Bosh/LeBron/D-Wade talking about joining forces in Miami......prior to
    “The Decision.”

There is a good chance D-Wade goes to the Lakers if LeBron goes there. Possibly D-Wade ends up in Houston
    while following LeBron. This is why I mentioned (in the other thread you posted) that possibly Eric Gordon
    won’t be with the team next year......I mentioned Diebler; but I feel D-Wade will be the one to come to Houston.

D Cousins sinks the Banana Boat

Don’t out kick your coverage!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah . I’m going to take LeBron

14. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

lmao hell no

RiceRockets and Remlap like this.
  15. theimpossibles1

Stupid question really. Possible goat vs team cancer.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron hates playing the 4. He even made Jae Crowder be the 4 when he is on the Cavs when Crowder is clearly a 3 and Lebron is much stronger and has better post play than him. Its a big reason why they are underperforming. Apart from that I agree with you Lebron is better for this team than Cousins no question however Lebron will play 3 and Ariza will play 4.

I like the Lebron, Harden, Cp3 with Clint fantasy, but it ain't happening due to $$$ unless all 3 of them take massive discounts.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Ballscientist strikes again!

Cousins, in no shape or form, is a better fit, on any team in the league. 70% chance.

18. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Dont bring and compare the king to the crazy

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Clint's caphold is about 7m (300% x 2.334m), how much Clint ultimately gets paid only matters if he decides to aggressively sign an offer sheet before the dust settles.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

No

roslolian and D-rock like this.