1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is CP3 more clutch than Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 5, 2018.

?

With the game on the line, would you rather have the ball in the hands of CP3 or Harden?

1. CP3, the point GAWD. He can teach Harden how to have heart.

67.7%
  2. Harden, the points GAWD. He's the MVP.

32.3%
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude with your track record of good luck, ryno bout to hit a clutch asss 3 in a huge playoff game soon

2. onreego

onreego Member

Oh nice you have a DeLorean. Punch it to 88.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I guess this is what you argue about when your team has 60+ wins and has to play meangless games before the playoffs start

RyanB and napalm06 like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has made plenty of clutch shots/plays this season. Last game he wasn't so clutch and CP3 stepped up. Glad we have them both.

RyanB and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Depends on what type situation. But I'd give the nod to CP. Not only will he get his shot, but he's better at reading the defense and finding the open shooter. Harden's able to get his shot better, but he's more prone to making a bone headed turnover. Both are incredible. Harden's turnovers are life or death in the playoffs

RyanB likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden is more clutch in missed clutch FTs.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Should I bring that good playoff mojo to the Rockets like I did for the Astros???

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Clearly not many people here have watched CP3 in the playoffs.

DD

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

What are your thoughts of Harden in the playoffs?

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm bored ---- I know, I'll start a thread pitting our players against one another!

Who would you rather trade - Eric Gordon or Clint Capela?

T for 3 and vlaurelio like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol never harden fan truly believes we could have won it all last year with pbev as starter and dekker and harrell with major roles

Cp3s here because any team needs at least 2 superstars to contend in todays nba

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

Mavsprick fake rockets fan jeremy lamb susperstar never harden fan

Harden never held the rockets back. Its the other way around. Get over it.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Bet he could too, but I am not making 20+Million a year to do it. One day we are going to know the true story about Harden, and I think it will have to do with anxiety and self medication. He looks like two different players at times. People vary, but not that much. He is clearly foggy at times. The end of last season is still one of the strangest professional performances I have ever seen.

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Build a team around? Harden.

Lean on for a final shot or FTs? CP3.

Chris Paul has proved himself in the clutch, is a future Hall of Famer, and has just not had the right team around to go past the 2nd round.

Harden has not always been clutch, seems to miss FTs late, and many times has had issues losing the ball or not getting off a shot in the final seconds of a game where 1 shot is needed to win or tie.

I think Harden has the potential to be better, and more well-remembered, but I don't think hes proven to have ice running through his veins (yet).

I hope he proves otherwise!

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Who said Harden held us back? I simply asked for @DaDakota's opinion of Harden in the playoffs. :)

16. vlaurelio

Stop with being passive aggressive mavs prick

Are u happy having both top 3 harden & top 6 player cp3? Why the f would a true rockets fa even disparage one of them?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Handles

Handles Member

Depends on the flow of the game and the defensive matchups. But honestly, you can’t really go wrong with either. I’m glad we have both players.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Just trollin' to be trollin'!!!!

19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He's just a better jumpshooter. Harden has him at the rim and from 3 but CP is just so deadly from in between the halfcourt area.

Chris Paul hits moderately available shots(relative to the 3 and rim) at an incredibly high rate. The ability to just get that midrange 2 automatically like Dirk or Jordan is invaluable for clutch time.

Dirk and Jordan were two of the deadliest clutch players ever. Both absolute mid-range gods.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think you are over thinking it. I get that internet culture always wants to diagnose people but I think all thats BS.

Sometimes people perform well, sometimes they dont. Harden is a fantastic player and cp3 makes sure defenses cant key in on him a full game. I think the rockets are in a great position

hakeem94 likes this.