1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Clyde respected by other players?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheFreak, Feb 20, 2011.

1. pmac

pmac Member

I don't remember who was still on the board during that fantasy draft but I don't think Clyde is remember as being as good as some of the current SG/SF's (Kobe, Wade, and Lebron) and many of the past (West, MJ, Robertson, Baylor, Dr. J, etc.)

I think people respect him, there's just other players who were better than him that Kenny could have picked.

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Barkley toyed with running for governed of Alabama as a democrat. Either his campaign never gained any traction or a pretty bird flew by his window because he soon lost interest and never mentioned it again.

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

Yeah that's what it was, my bad.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Member

How does Biggio get labeled a clubhouse lawyer? There's a fine line between giving standard PR lines to the media and being a clubhouse leader which I would describe Biggio, and a clubhouse lawyer which carries negative connotation (someone who talks behind people's back, gossip mongerer).

And I don't think Clyde comes near to what Biggio is as a community leader. Imho Clyde doesn't get flak for the UH thing cause UH isn't that relevant in the college bball world and in the local sports scene (Texans, Rockets, and Astros takes precedence in Houston).

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It was just one of those things that we are reading too much in. Thats it. Drexler is as good a SG as there ever has been.

7. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I agree.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The Whole Barkley Clyde feud is overblown. Remember when Chuck through the guy through the window? Clyde was there hanging out socially with him that night.

I'm sure there were spats and Charles normally has locker room banter even with the guys on TNT with him. It's just put down humor that's normal.

Clyde has always liked to stay out of the spotlight and so there hasn't been as much hype about him. I don't think that means that he's disrespected.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

No hes just a boring guy. Sucks at commentating compared to other retired players.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

getting dierker fired

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Clyde just a people's person....He's a straightforward guy who doesnt sugarcoat things...His NBA peers probably didnt take to kindly to that..Oh well.Tough Break *****!!!

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bulls vs Blazers was awesome, I used to play with the portland team

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aLyh2Q_k7LU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: this is going to sound silly but those games were ahead of there time in a way

#52 pgabriel, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  13. v3.0

v3.0 Member

dierker didn't endear himself to the players and when you start calling out your best players, you better be prepared to get the horns.

[​IMG]

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ok.
    I was sure he made the famous statement
    To Democrats he a N**** and to Republicans he is a RICH N****
    to explain why he was a republican.

Rocket River

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If there is disrespect for Clyde among other players, I haven't noticed it, and wouldn't understand it if I did notice it. As those of us who've followed Drex since his days at UH know, the guy is one of the best ever at his position, and worked his arse off improving after he was drafted. If anything, he's a terrific example for today's players. Put in the work and it can pay off.

16. rocketman4325

rocketman4325 Member

There was a time when Drexler was one of the best players in the league, second only to MJ. Just my opinion.

17. rtsy

rtsy Member

Clyde was on Jim Rome years ago and said that Barkley was the one with no work ethic. I think MJ said the same thing.