1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Paul or Dwight Howard Better Free-Agent Fit for Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you have to chose one, who?

1. CP3

21.7%
  2. DH12

66.1%
  3. WD-40

12.2%
  1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

If there is a chance to get Howard you do that. If there is a chance to get Paul you do that.

If it is gun to the head must choose one you go with size. JLin is not chop liver. He can play. He will get better. And get this, Dwight may work with Asik in twin tower mode. Lin and Paul will not. If Rockets sign Paul Lin needs to be traded. You can only have one starting PG. Paul Lin Harden in starting line-up will not work.

Asik/Dwight will. I believe that Asik will have gain mid range jumper range next season. Just watch. He may not be 3-point stretch big but he will do nicely. Meanwhile, the defense will improve to probably #1 in the league.

Imagine that!

2. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Don't mind that guy. In every thread that mentions Lin you will find him saying off the wall things about how perfect of a player lin is, like what he just demonstrated. dude is a troll.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

The Lakers would be more open to a Lin-Asik S&T package than the Clippers, IMO. Not that i want Lin and Asik gone. I love both. Just saying..

4. AFS

AFS Member

This one is asking who is the better fit and the other one was asking who would we rather have. Those are two slightly different questions.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets unfortunately don't really get to choose who they want here. CP3 has no reason to leave the Clippers given that he basically runs that team and he's in LA. Howard is who we have a chance to get. So he's the one Morey's after. The only way I can see CP3 leaving LA is to team up with Howard in Atlanta or in Houston. So it would still require Howard commiting here first if we want Paul.

Personally, I would still take Howard. Because I still think the team needs balance inside and out, defense and offense. Howard gives us that balance. CP3 only make our current system a lot better.

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ Example? Are you actually James Holmes or you're trying to give him a bad name? Did I ever say Lin was a perfect player? Just because you know how to call people trolls doesn't mean they actually are and you are not a troll. Quit being a Lintroll OK? What you said is off the wall, not what I said; what I said is true. Stop being immature and trashing this forum.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Sure, one shouldn't expect Lin to go back to Linsanity productivity but it's still his upside, 18/9. I don't think Asik will ever average anything close to that. Add that to the fact that defensive rebounding is not an offensive stats while assist is.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's very difficult for the Rockets to S&T with the Lakers. As it would require them to either:
    1. Amnesty Pau
    or
    2. Trade Nash for $0 in return and amnesty Artest

The Rockets' best hope would be to trade Lin for cap space. That'll free up money for 2 signings, ie another PG and wing/forward.

PG: Jack, Udrih, Livingston, Robinson, or even Llull
    Wing/Forward: Garcia, Korver, Dunleavy, Reddick, Landry, or Shuttlesworth

Then again, there could e trade options. For eg, if Suns go full re-build they might even be willing to take on Lin for Dragic and Dudley because of age.

The room exception will only be good enough for players like Dahntay Jones or Delfino and only because he's coming off surgery.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They don't need to do either of those things, the s&t restriction only applies to the team receiving the s&t players, already contracted players going back the other way have no such restriction.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I picked WD because I don't know who that is.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Trust me Tinman loves the dude.....:eek:

[​IMG]

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Preach brother!

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You have to overpay in restricted free agency. Deal with it.

14. youngduck

youngduck Member

umm.. were u paying attention this season? dwight howard is still one of the best centers even though he was injured..and his defensive impact? still one of the best..

do you kno one of the weaknesses to beating the miami heat? its a good defensive center. with omer asik as the backup, that would be key to defeating miami.

and his fg% while injured is 58%? huh dwight howard still scoring like that even though hes not 100%?

the rockets need DEFENSE, the offense is good as it is already.

15. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Go after CP3 then trade Lin and try to sign David West.

Paul
    Harden
    Parsons
    West
    Asik

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

comparing Cp3 and lin period is off the wall, please stop posting.

goodness that would be a championship team. however almost impossible to pull off. We wouldnt have the money for that. I'd rather have west at the 4 than have D12. that lineup looks promising though.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

My comment wasn't about how Asik and Lin compare offensively. I meant I think you are crazy if you think the difference between CP3 and Lin is smaller than the difference in Howard and Asik.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

OK fine if your comment wasn't about offense.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I certainly wasn't the one who started it.

I won't. Are you actually James Holmes or you're trying to give him a bad name?

20. kumakun

kumakun Member

Lol at people who think CP3 will fit with the Rockets. FYI McHale isnt Black and CP3 needs the ball like Harden needs it. The PG that would fit this system would be S Curry because the Rockets are number 1 in 3PTA. CP cant shoot the 3 that well he would hate playing with iso Harden.