1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Paul or Dwight Howard Better Free-Agent Fit for Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you have to chose one, who?

1. CP3

21.7%
  2. DH12

66.1%
  3. WD-40

12.2%
  1. jocar

jocar Member

Thanks! Slim chance for both, but I'd be happy if we can grab just one of those guys. If only one, I'd have to go with Dwight. He'd add an entire dimension to our offense and contribute more in the playoffs, when we're forced to play 1/2 court. He'd give us a lot of 2nd looks when our shooters go cold, and pull more defenders off the perimeter posting up than CP3 would as another penetrator.

Any mothafuggas watching them play throughout the year know that Hibbert was the answer against the Heat. I'm bein real with you, and I don't care if I get fined for sayin that.

I think he did 3 or 4 this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uGsCE48SBDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kCGE8SNzPKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Fair Dinkum is takin over yo

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I wouldn't really say CP3 is much of an upgrade over Lin. D12 it is.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

troll of the year award.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Top big man > top pg.

The best center in the league almost always gets a ring, while top pgs do not.

6. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Thought about it. Why would LAC agree to this? Even if we made it Lin/Asik to make the numbers work. If we signed Dwight, we're technically out of the running to sign CP3 straight up (essentially). CP3 isn't going to ATL solo, or really any other viable team that could sign him up w/o another superstar going with him (and again, Dwight has already signed here in this hypo). LAC would have no real fear of CP3 leaving them, much less enough of a fear to do a weak SnT w/ Houston (two somewhat redundant players in Lin/Asik).

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

That graphic would cost us $55.4M of the $58.5M cap lol. They'd have to take paycuts for it to even work (though minor ones) because the min. roster capholds would require $3.4M while we only have $3.1M. This is us ONLY having those 5 players, mind you.

I know Morey works magic, but this is a bit impossible. Would at least need to SnT for one of the two players, and this is after we clear some cap space by moving out White and TRob. But if we signed one of the two first, the remaining LAC/LAL would have no reason to want to SnT their star to us as they know we can't get him otherwise...and with one less destination and the other superstar off the table, very little chance D12 or CP3 (whichever is left over) would have enough of an incentive/plausible argument to leave Los Angeles.

8. rocketblood713

Don't matter till July .....:)

9. jocar

jocar Member

Members of Rox organization don't count against the cap.

Bench:
    Calvin / Clyde / Bullard / Olajuwon / Mchale

10. rocketblood713

BILL BELLAMY ‏@BILLBELLAMY 33m
    Dwight Howard just told me he rather play for the Sparks before he come back to the Lakers!!!! Lmao!!!!!

11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

you do realize that when howard got healthy, after the all-star break that the lakers had one of the top 3 defenses in the league with howard on the floor, right? he also averaged 18/13. plus the lakers had one of the better records in the league too. dude is the absolute best defender in the league, and offensively he fits even better imo. he'd make both lin and harden better b/c he's one of the best pick and roll big men in the league in terms of finishing and catching. cp3 while absolutely terrific also forces harden to be more off the ball (which isn't a bad thing, but not exactly his game). i look at the good games asik was able to have, and see dwight as having those sorta 18+ point games consistently just replacing asik's touches. plus a couple more post ups, and he'd have similar amount of touches as he did in orlando.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Disagreed. Lin has much more upside offensively than Asik. Not so clear.

13. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I'm from Australia and I don't understand this.

Who are the Sparks?

Dwight says,"He'd rather play for the Sparks than come back to the Lakers!"

What does that mean?

14. TTNN

TTNN Member

No, CP3 is not a significant upgrade to Lin + Harden, but Dwight is to Asik.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Sparks are the LA WNBA team, the female league.

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

So this is a Joke.

Dwight would probably fit right in. Hahaha!

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno if it's a joke or not, I'm sure he would prefer playing with the Sparks than the Lakers. At least then he'd be on a contender and he wouldn't have to put up with Kobe.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

of course it's a joke

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Really? Come on man

20. jacoby

jacoby Member