1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chandler Parsons our guy moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Jan 19, 2013.

1. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I'd pretty much see 2Pat go before Parsons, should the time come.

One of the biggest steals of the past 5 years.

2. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Still think he is?

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This is just blatantly incorrect. Advanced defensive metrics and a test of a trained eye both agree that Parsons was an extremely talented defender his rookie year. Synergy ranked him as a top 10 defender against iso's.

4. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

At this point Parsons is a lot like Lin, huge potential, but inconsistent.

Just like today's game and the first game vs NY he can look amazing but then he'll have games where he doesn't even hit double digit points and is turning the ball over left and right. Some games he's knocking down all his shots, other games he's bricking them.

Harden is really the only consistent guy on this team at this point, but as the team grows in experience I think more consistency will come for the other young guys.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Chandler is our second best player in his only 2nd season as a pro. What a steal by Morey

6. Anxiety Trooper

Yeah him and Asik

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Parsons is a really good player. What a steal. This team doesn't need to make any more moves. Someone tell Morey to STOP.

8. sergio

sergio Member

Exactly. Let these guys evolve together for a few years. :)

9. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

As last post said dudes a steal. Brings the defense we grown to love in rookie season. Now working on a better offense and doing a hell of a job.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's so much better than I ever imagined he could be, and it's only his 2nd year in the league. He's a real keeper. He'll cost us long-term but he's won me over.

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

We should pay those that are loyal and give it all to the organization. Parsons is our guy, along with Harden.

I wish we had shown Hayes and Scola some loyalty, but that's in the past I guess.