1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chandler Parsons our guy moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Jan 19, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think he is our SF of the future... He will never be the best player on the team but he is a legit NBA player and I think could be a great third option on a championship level team.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The players I would take above Chandler

Kidd-Gilchrest
    Barnes
    Lillard
    Irving
    Faried
    Davis

Everybody else is either a push or worse. You could argue Klay Thompson or Rubio or Beal or Waiters or Drummond, but I can make arguments for Chandler that make it a push.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I would take EVERY player you named plus Holiday and Alexey Shved.

Fact is Parsons is lacking athleticism and explosion, his offense is inconsistent, and his defense isn't good. He doesn't score more because he has to rely on others to get him good looks.

It surprises me that so many fans think so much of Parsons so I guess I'm in the minority but I would be ecstatic if Morey could trade him to Washington for Martell Webster and their first round pick or something of that nature. That move makes the team better and gives us trade assets to go after LMA and Love.

4. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Your take Shved over Parson?

http://www.basketball-reference.com...m=0&p1=parsoch01&y1=2013&p2=shvedal01&y2=2013

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

6. moose

moose Member

All those guys listed are veterans. Just wait till Parsons goes into his 3rd and 4th year. Kid has a huge potential.

7. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Shved over Parson?
    You serious?

Parson is better in almost every aspect.
    Minnesota would do that trade in a heartbeat for a reason.

All the other list are all really good players that I would take over Parson as well but look at where most of those players were drafted. Those are the best players in the last few years of the draft.

I agree with you about Jrue Holiday though. He's a beast.

8. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Only person on this team that is untouchable is Harden. I think this is as good as Parsons is going to be which not bad. Solid role player glue guy that can take over game everyonce in awhile. Someone that can do everything. WLBJ

9. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Jeremy Lin, of course. Most handsome player on the Rockets right now - even Parson agrees.

[​IMG]

10. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Man you are an idiot - Derrick Favors on Utah Jazz. Let me help you out you mean Derrick Williams #2 pick in 2011 draft.

11. Nextup

Nextup Member

Parsons is decent but he is vastly overrated by clutch fans. His defense is slipping and his offense is inconsistent. I would trade him before his value diminishes. He's an awesome deal on his current contract but I would be strongly against paying him big money down the line.

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

My bad.. Got my roasters mixed up.. Thanks for the help and I would be in favor of that package as well...

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Keep him at all costs. Dude is gonna be a stud.

14. pnr

pnr Member

He has huge potential and is still young! He's shown improvement from last year, which is a very good sign, and should indicate more improvement next year.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

now get off White's bandwagon as well

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Obviously. But my point was, he's 24 and has exceeded all expectations, but somehow people are still putting arbitrary ceilings on how much more he can improve that they absolutely wouldn't put on a lottery pick of the same age.

You can win a title with Chandler Parsons as your 4th best player. People are just mad right now because we have Lin, Parsons and Asik all in that "third or fourth best player on a contender" range without anyone stepping up to fill that "second best player" spot.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons is a role player who makes almost nothing. The fact that he is even in the Rising Stars game is great.

Chandler showed last year that he could play really good defense. This year he's done a decent job on offense with the lack of a second option. He should be able to do whatever it is we need him to do once we add another star to the team.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Good to know you aren't the GM. Parsons is a 6'9 SF shooting 47% from the field and 36% from three. If that's inconsistent offense, well I'd like to tell you your expectations of him are ridiculous.

Did I mention he averages 4 assists a game on a team with James Harden and Jeremy Lin?

You only trade Parsons in a package for the second superstar, nothing else. He absolutely can be the small forward on a championship team going forward.

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Parsons has size, skills, and heart. He plays off the ball well, he plays transition offense well, he shoots the 3 well. And he's young. He is definitely a baller and keeper. He's our guy going forward. And he's not overrated, he's underrated.