1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Boogie a bomb waiting to explode in the locker room?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 3, 2021.

?

Is Boogie a bomb waiting to explode?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2021.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. No

154 vote(s)
    89.0%
  1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think punting the ball into the stands should just be a delay of game this year. Unless it hits one of the few fans in attendance.

clutchdabear and Kevooooo like this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

() . . () know Boogie is grateful to be with JW and have a good situation on the Rox. He knew his role was open and non-defined coming in.

Also, know that offers were not blowing up his phone given the injuries, and if he'll ever be able to explain without penalty, how our friends in GS didn't help his injuries ( while horrible)....making it appear as though he could never play well again. I.T. mentioned this during his time in Cleveland with the hip...same idea. Now, his career is, well...pfft.

If CWood goes down or when* Tuck/ Ego is traded, Boogie will get more time.

*High demand, imminent but not always. It's early in the season
    **James usually plays through all pain. He was out, and while that may just be practical, in almost every other case, James is playing. Other guys were able to step up, namely EGo

Lots of Chatter about making sure the ankle is good, but not for us. But, also, positive chatter that JWall is taking on a role of responsibility. The role Russ was supposed to have (and could have) if he would have posted up or drove to the basket within his strengths, instead of trying to be JW, a much better mid-range sniper. (personal rant)

Also (personal) CWood is turning heads everywhere. My fear is that incompetent owner getting rid of a really good investment (potential shows as much) just for his own financial gain. If you want James to be "James" for just this year, you better keep him with CWood. That PnR looks smoother than James to Clint and Wood can actually shoot the ball with a variety of moves. He could be Jermaine O'neal with range from the 3. His early post moves and movement without the ball scream JO, but that nice outside jumper says David West with range. Nice stuff.

Happy New Year, wherever you are. Wish you well, especially some dedicated folks in Georgia right now. :)

Deuce, yixiixiy, Aruba77 and 9 others like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boogie is da bomb

Kevooooo likes this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

he speaks!

any chance you can elaborate on this point? Did I miss something obvious or rumors that GS screwed over Cousins?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Boogie needs time to get up to speed the game is too fast for him right now, he has to find where his game fits in our team.

It will happen and I suspect that he will eventually be the starting Center and Wood the staring PF.

DD

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He may eventually, depending on how things play out here. But, even after healing, GS didn't give him the reps and opps to show his investment and dedication to coming back. Consider how the Warriors treat Klay's injuries. While Klay won championships with GS,Boogie was an All-Star, MVP-type talent in the league. So, while Klay has more history of winning, as individual talents, Boogie didn't feel as though he fell that far off.

Even when LeBron heard that Boogie went to the Bay, his face showed the shock because everyone knows that a healthy Boogie is a nightmare to compete against. Boogie's camp basically implies GS, coaching, mgmt, players, etc gave up on his return. That kills players loyalty.

Washington didn't do that to John Wall. The support was evident until the final days where JW forced his way out.

I hope that JW and Boogie stay healthy and win, not just for the Rockets but because only they know the rehabilitation battle. I want them to "win."

Deuce, Invisible Fan, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

OP obviously has no clue how to improve a thread.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

dumbest thread of the year lol

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

It might still be. U know its only game 4, we don't know what he n wood can do. I expect during key playoff series they both will be on the floor

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He is coming off a major injury. His minutes will increase as the season goes....

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The only kind of bomb I see with Boogie is on the court. He still gets frustrated when he doesn't get a call on the offense and then the next play he'll take it off or jog back slowly on defense.

He did this constantly when he was on the Kings and it pissed off their announcer (who is now fired, because of Boogie ironically).

I still see him do that on this team off the bench. He's gotta realize he's no longer All-Star Boogie, he's just a backup center now. Keep your head up and get back on D and stop sulking on the court! It's a good thing Wall is on this team since they're good friends. I'm sure Wall will keep him in check.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yes. I’ve heard from strippers at Treasures his fart is deadly.

Aruba77 and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I wouldn't say Boogie is the most logical player... He's very emotional so yeah I could see him getting upset and making an issue and his career ending not long after.... He was literally sulking on the bench last game completely detached and not even really rooting for the team.

14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Question is how many bad performances will he have outside that 30/15?