1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Battlestar Galactica the best show ever created?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Nov 6, 2011.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Now i'm probably jumping the gun since I just finished all 4 seasons just recently and the wow factor is still in my head but I never knew a sci-fi tv series could be so deep with many layers. I've always heard of the tv show and never thought of ever watching it thinking its just another cheesy sci-fi show that tried to imitate Star Trek. Then a buddy who I trust in the judgement of quality for a movie and television series told me to give it a try and you will be surprised.

This show is really one of the few tv series that was actually planned out from the beginning and seemed to have a set number of seasons since every episode ties in with the ultimate ending. They did not try to prolong the series (Lost) but had a set ending that ties the series to a halt perfectly. This show is so much more about fighting "aliens" in space. The show really has one of the most unique and epic story about the creation of man on Earth.

Acting, production value, music, story, themes.... This series has it all and I never watched a show like this that questioned human's aptitude for self destruction.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nope. Saved by the Bell was.

2 people like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Firefly is the best ever, but BSG is fantastic too, and a nod to Farscape as something underated.

DD

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Sorry, I have never worn a hand made costume to Comic Con or Dragon Con- thus it is not proper for me to judge the validity of this initial claim.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is Battlestar Galactica the best show ever recreated?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya I know that BSG is a recreation of the 70's series but the two are so different that it pretty much it's own original show. Plus the original BSG was a cheesy sci-fi series riding on the success of Star Wars.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The last season and the ending was... less than good. It seemed to me like it was put together as an afterthought.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with your opinion that it is the best TV series ever created, but it is certainly excellent, and one of the best SF series ever created. I consider that high praise.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This. What a huge letdown.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Totally came in to say this.

Without the Farscape part (although, I do agree with you there).

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In a sense, the ending tied it together with the original series's Mormon roots.

But seriously, they stretched out that last season with forgettable filler and then crammed every plot resolution they wanted in the last 3 episodes. I was very disappoint.

12. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Firefly is overrated.

Don't get me wrong, it's good show, and I'm a big sci-fi fan, but I'm really not sure why people get so worked up over it. I mean, I'd take Breaking Bad over Firefly in a split second. Deep Space Nine as well, for that matter, and any number of other shows.

13. val_modus

val_modus Member

I wanted to get into this show, but i could never get past the first episode, it moved really slow and i just wasn't interested..

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

lets see how breaking bad turns out, but as for shows that have run their course, I would say yes

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

While it is a very good show, I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the best show ever.*

* I say this with the understanding that television, like all forms of art, is inherently subjective. There is in fact no best or worst show, there is just what individuals like or dislike. Thus, when I say Buffy is the best show ever, what I am really saying is that it is my favorite show.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

I liked Angel better, especially towards the end of that series. (When everybody in the whole world could no longer sin, what a cool concept)

17. Raven

Raven Member

The original was better.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is from a Sci-Fi lover: Breaking Bad, hands down, is the best show ever.

1 person likes this.
  19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Cagney & Lacey ftw

20. YaosDirtyStache

Agree x10000000