1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone watching the D&D

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by pgabriel, Feb 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

seriously, I haven't actually been able to see the video in the obama likes his crank serviced by men thread till I got off work, but I must say I would deem that over the top. but maybe i'm biased

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It's not like it actually *showed* anything in the act. Just some lunatic on youtube. It's funny how they post a video on youtube and suddenly act like it's a credible source though - maybe Vecsey and Sam Smith will resort to youtube for credibility once people stop reading their garbage.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I took a peak in the D&D earlier today (I very rarely post in there) and thought it was a disgrace to the BBS. I think it might be time to just get rid of the political debate on the BBS. I know the forum was set up to be a sort of rogue forum with little moderation, but it's a joke. You've essentially got two trolls that drive that entire forum. I'm not sure which group are bigger idiots, the two trolls or the group of dummies that actually entertain those guys by vehemently responding to everything they say.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you filter out the usual trolls, the D&D is a great place for getting political information from both sides.

But I fling poo, so my opinion might not count.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It's hard to filter them out when they post 40 nonsense thread per week and 80,000 people reply to their stupid banter (I too, am guilty).

I am trying to take a break from the D&D. It's a giant waste of time as of late. Sadly, I think that was the goal of said trolls.

6. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Yea, when you take him for what he's worth (a troll), T_J is probably the funniest poster we have ever had. Now bigtexxx is a riot in his own right (or is it left ;) ) - He's actually a libpig who posts comments at the Huffington Post!

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Funny, that's what the hangout was before d/d. And the trolls were minimized to non-existent.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There are hardly any voices of reason in that forum. Just people expressing their own opinions. Politics, Race, Religion, all things people will hold dear to, and their minds will never be changed. Disagreement is imminent, respect is discarded. I do not read those forums because 99% of the posts there are either in direct conflict my worldview or are aimed with the sole purpose to piss off those who disagree and I find that disheartening and infuriating.

"Keep D&D Civil" is a pipe dream, that place was created for the monkey **** slingers who want nothing more than to stir the pot and boisterously discredit the convictions of others. I say keep it that way, because then I don't have to go in there and deal with it, like I used to in the old days.

Arguing over the internet is like winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics... you know the rest.

9. rhadamanthus

The attitude above is a tad hypocritical.

10. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

The d&d is great right now minus the two trolls. I have learned a lot by reading posts from people like Major who really know politics. If the two trolls were gone, there would be no issues.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thanks for trying to take the quote out of context and only bold the first part of it. This just proves my point that the D&D is filled with hateful pieces of filth like you who cannot stand to see a different opinion piss all over their rose-colored bowl of cheerios.

Sure, I'm the hypocrite because I'd rather just not read either the tripe I don't agree with or the tripe I'd rather not agree with because its just bull**** aimed to stir up the other party?

Debate and Discussion my ass. :rolleyes:

3rd graders have more civilized arguments over crayons.

It is posters like you who make me want to pull my hair out every time I see one of your childish attacks at someone who happens to disagree with you.

Guess what? YOU ARE NOT CHANGING ANYONES MIND.

Your pitiful crusade is as worthless as the time you've spent chastising others.

Just keep all your bull**** in the bull**** forum where it belongs and keep your "opinions" to yourself when you aren't on your wormy turf.

And have a nice day.

12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I try to surf the forum because it's a great way to get political info all in one place...but it's becoming a little trying. I agree with SirCharlesFan...the best way to describe that forum is as a disgrace to the BBS.

The openly racist, hateful things that are said on a daily basis are tainting this site. If it were up to me, I'd either start moderating it heavily to clean it up or just nuke it altogether.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

7 years of Bush bashing = ok
    A few months of Obama bashing = forum out of control and time to run to papi

Wake up and smell your bias, complainers.

14. Apollo Creed

Are you really like this, man? Is this how you act? Is this who you are?

15. rhadamanthus

Ummm. I understand what you are complaining about and alluded to it in my previous post. However, the above exchange only makes you appear part of the problem. It takes more than a bit or irony to lamblast someone over "childish attacks" by calling them "hateful pieces of filth"....

I guess thanks for proving my point, hypocrite.

No doubt. Again, refer to my previous post.

You don't see the irony?

So, hear we have it. You don't want to hear it, because it apparently is not up to either your "worldview" or your high standards of debate. With respect to the latter, I totally agree as it pertains to politics in the D&D. The "my team your team" hooey is tireseome.

As to your "worldview", cry me a river. The best threads in the d&d are those pertaining to philosophy and religion (and even the occasional debate on candidate platforms, believe it or not) - always interesing and usually reasonably civil. I'm sorry you don't like hearing things that don't conform to what you think. Personally, I find it interesting.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You're right.

You win the internet.

17. rhadamanthus

And now you can go back to espousing the mantra of "I never change my mind therefore nobody ever does and people who argue about it are dumb and I hate hearing things I don't agree with."

See, we're both happy now.

The internet wins!

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think it's a riot how people attack D&D and they rarely post there. Don't like it? Avoid the forum. There are plenty of members who enjoy posting there and far more who read the forum. It serves a great purpose for the BBS. It leaves all that room for the poop, fart, and pissing in the shower threads in Hangout. ;)

19. Apollo Creed

Actually, the better posters in the D&D change my mind sometimes, especially when they offer up convincing arguments backed up with facts.

The whole reason I go in there is to learn...my beliefs may not change, but my stances can, especially when presented with compelling evidence.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And you can go back to triumphantly telling you cat how you pwned Trader_Jorge and saved clutchfans from all ignorance.