1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is anyone here actually looking forward to a lebron/kobe finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thacabbage, May 24, 2009.

?

are you looking forward to a kobe/lebron finals?

1. yes. yes, i am.

58 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. no. i hope it's not cavs/lakers

128 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. i don't really care.

60 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

It bugs me that Lakers are up 2-1 at this point even though they haven't played that well. The Nuggets should be at least 2-1 at this point. If they don't win this next game then they are in big trouble. I'll give Lakers credit that they made plays when it counted the most and Nuggets just flat out chocked in both game 1 and 3.

As for the Nuggets vs Cavs, the Cavs are basically one man show. The magics just have way too many weapons right now so I just don't see how Cavs will be able to beat them. At this points it seems very likely that we'll see Lakers vs. Orlando. If Nuggets get their act together hopefully they'll be able to make the WCF a long series and give them a chance. They have the talent to beat this Laker team, they just need to make sure that they rebound the ball, and get good shots. Martin has made two terrible inbound passes so far, I wonder if we'll see someone else inbounding the ball if they run into this situation again.

2. pmac

pmac Member

I want to see the best teams make it to the finals.

Unless Lebron puts on a show (probably getting more than a few generous calls from the refs) I don't think the Cavs are better than the Magic.

I'd be ok with a Lakers/Magic finals.

3. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Member

This :D

or LeBron would come to Houston :D

4. ebu

ebu Member

i live in orlando so i want to the see the MAGIC WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

wow! despite what i wrote in my original post, i actually thought in my mind that the majority was hoping for kobe/lebron and that there was just a very vocal minority. based on the poll, i was way off.

this is my own personal classification obviously so feel free to disagree, but the main premise was that this is only the 3rd time that what i call 'tier 1 legends' have met in the finals in the last 20 years. i consider first tier legends to be guys in the very cream of the elite, of which clyde does not belong. guys who will go down among the top 10 to 15 greatest ever. clyde was the 2nd best player in the league in '92, but historically, if you redid the top 50, he probably doesn't even make the cut anymore.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It would be fun, that is a sure thing. But who cares? Orlando Magic are playing really well and I really hope to see them in the Finals.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Absolutely. But I fear Cleveland is trying to gift-wrap it for LA. I don't see Orlando as having as good of a shot to knock them off.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you, but I think we may be in the minority on this one.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Why not? Right now Orlando is playing better than Cleveland. They play as a unit, as a team. But what they also do, is they play smart. They let LBJ score his points (they have no answer for him) but they also shut down everybody else so it is like 1 on 5.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They play as a unit, but Hedo still shot 1-11, and the rest of the shooting percentage is not exactly great.

In game 3, Lebron, Hedo and Howard combined for around 50 freethrows+, that is usually the total freethrows in a game.

I do expect more referee interference, but so far I have to say It may be time the referees just let the players play. I don't like to watch players shoot freethrows. At least not 20 from a single player.

11. ebu

ebu Member

THE LAKERS swept the cavs and the MAGIC SWEPT the lakers in the regular season....hmmmm...sounds like orlando would be tougher

and on top of that, lebron would equal out kobe...and then what??? the lakers cast is SOOO much better than the cavs...are u guys not watching the magic/cavs series??? its all lebron, no one is stepping up for the cavs...

A MAGIC/LAKERS finals would be VERY good

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You see, that's why they are good. Hedo was 1/11 and they still won. Pietrus had a nice game off the bench and Rafer got them going early.

I can't tell much about the refs, though. I didn't watch the game.

13. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I want a Turkoglu and a Kleiza final. So i voted no.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You can say that's good, but you can also say it was a horrible game to watch.

Lebron had over 20 freethrows. Hedo may be 1/11, but he himself had 12 freethrows.

In my opinion, the Magic definitely have the capabilities to beat the Cavs, but it's a paradox when it comes to who gets the superstar calls.

15. across110thstreet

I want Nuggets/Magic, SPECIFICALLY to shut down the Stern Conspiracists.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It will shut them up for about 2 weeks then they'll start whining again about something else. By the beginning of next season, convenient memory loss will allow them to sneak back to square one. Rinse and repeat.

17. across110thstreet

I talked to a Lakers fan last night. He wouldn't stop congratulating me for a good series, said how we "woke up" the Lakers and that they were getting bad calls against the Nuggets.

I reminded him that while Laker nation might think the League is against them, the rest of the country believes it is a foregone conclusion that Stern and his referee cronies are already writing up the pre-game report for Lakers/Cavs series...

either way, I think this Conference Finals so far has been very entertaining. You have four Olympians at the top of their games battling it out for League Dominance.

lost leads, big comebacks, road wins, and BIG SHOT AFTER BIG SHOT

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

We shall see.

I don't care if it was good game to watch or not, Magic won and they should be happy.

I really feel like Orlando will win this series. They have more weapons, because Cavs are usually great when they are hitting outside shots and they suck when they don't. Right now nobody besides LeBron can buy a basket for them.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You want a cookie?

20. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

good point, though i don't think even 10 consecutive years of a bucks-spurs finals could shut them up.

incompetence does not prove malfeasance.