1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone else terrified of a win streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Mar 31, 2021.

1. vick

vick Member

This tank job is like the 2 tank jobs in a row in the 1980s. You see what we got then. 2 championships. We tanked so good that the NBA changed the way it works. It use to be that the worst record of the east and west conference would flip a coin. Winner got the first pick in draft and loser got the second pick.

vince likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not particularly ..... but it won't take a whole lot of W's to screw this up.

If they fall out of the bottom 3 into the 4 spot , the odds are ~10% worse than the current 52% to keep their pick.

Detroit , Cleveland and Orlando are terrible .... there's 1 game separating Detroit from the Rockets and 4 games for the latter two.

We should be thankful that Orlando has won 2 in a row ....

3. ch44

ch44 Member

Sounds like a couple of Rockets that recently fell out of the rotation are going to get waived soon.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I will contribute another $50 to the tipjar if John Wall gets removed from the team.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Patton? McLemore? Lamb?

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I'm not worried. John Wall is a tank commander supreme. When he's on the floor he's a high usage, low efficiency ball stopper like Steve Francis. And when he's on IL he's still $40M of dead weight against the salary cap.

7. vince

vince Member

Not terribly worried. I think many folks are looking at this draft and thinking there are potentially 5 bona fide future all-stars. And everyone is worried about landing the 5th pick in the draft, which would go to OKC. But, the way the draft if formatted, the odds are weighted a lot more evenly, hence to prevent tanking.

It is what it is. But getting #1 draft picks doesn't necessarily lift a franchise out of the gutter. That top talent has to be around a strong unit and core of a team, to help them shine. Look at all of those Golden State Teams of the 90's, the Clipper teams of the 90's, the Minnesota teams before Kevin Garnett, the Grizzlies teams of the 90's. Teams that perennially got top talent and they accomplished nothing, because they didn't have the environment to draw out the talent from the players; and then the mental part would get ruined.

Odds are greater of landing a top talent with a worse record, but it's not that clear and cut anymore. So tanking helps just slightly.

OpportunityCost likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

ch44 called it before Shams. Have to believe Exum is next on the list. Thanks for chiming in ch44!

joshuaao and Easy like this.
  9. ch44

ch44 Member

McLemore and Patton. Gonna sign a guard to replace Ben.

joshuaao, Deuce and J.R. like this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Now’s the time to bring this thread alive.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm trembling in fear!

12. DonatelloLimestone

as long as we stay in that top 1-3 spot, we're good. We're on par now just to increase our percentage to 52 and then we just hope the basketball gods are good to us and our rebuild project accelerates significantly. Thats the big hope and the only big win for this season, but as fans, if it doesn't happen we've got some young good pieces and we'll be fine, but boy if we get the excitement of a top 4 prospect(the draft is always unpredictable) but stone has brought in some late great sleepers in tate and KJ. Its worthwhile as an asset or a hopeful highly touted player.

nights like this are refreshing. People pay for season tickets, spend time, and invest in this team. It is good to see some competition, but lets keep it on par with the bottom 1-3, but I don't mind ever beating dallas.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I bet rockets try to be competitive now, and lose there pick to okc just to prove there good. It only makes since cause they all want to win for a late playoff push. lol

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...about to go on a 3 in 4 west coast road swing, Clips-Warriors, Suns

Bad news comes in 3's, my sicilian grandmother used to say....

Easy likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol again at worrying about some win streak. Now 19 games left

17. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

We should be good. Losing position to both Detroit and Orlando still seems possible though unlikely, but even if we fall to 4th worst that changes our odds from 52.1 to 48.1. I'd of course rather have 52.1 but 48.1 seems like our absolute worst case somewhat plausible scenario.

Hard to see us making up 5.5+ on anyone else and falling out of top 4 odds.

#97 ChillyPete32, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

loser005a.png

no more terror, certified bottom three cellar dweller

20. ThatBoyNick