1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Anderson The New Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, May 4, 2018.

1. MystikArkitect

Ive noticed this for a while now throughout the season. His body language and deference is alarming. I’m past the point of thinking he’s unskilled, he’s not. He’s a poor mans Dirk and if he played like it the Rockets would be way better off. This year he looks petulant. Like he’s mad that they were trying to trade him all offseason. He’s been a literal no show this series. Ingles is blowing the doors off of him in the scrappy white guy department.

Is there some behind the scenes stuff going on?

Spacemoth and topfive like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

They keep trying to get rid of him. Yeah, that would demolarize anyone

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is a mental midget. All he needs to do is take the shots given to him. He has no cojones and passes off

Zboy, ryano2009, Elephant810 and 3 others like this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

He just needs a change of scenery.

He'll do well with the Kings next season.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Potato Head ruined him. He had his mind set in NY but potato turned out to be fake

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well they tried trading him at every turn and then he kept getting injured and replaced from the rotation.

he was actually doing fine for a while in the beginning of the season. I think the league has figured him out

amaru likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

He’s the ONLY one on the team that doesn’t launch. Like he refuses to. If there’s a defender within 10 feet of him he passes the ball.

sirbaihu and roslolian like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think he's basically given up even trying to contribute offensively at home. Whenever he's passed the ball, he immediately passes it back to Harden or CP3. He doesn't even look to see if he's open(because sometimes he is).

He's a little more aggressive on the road, but even there, he's hesitant to shoot. I don't think he's deliberatly half-assing it out there. I think most of this is a confidence issue. I mean he did lose his starting position and the Rockets seemed to be winning just fine down the stretch when he was out with various injuries. But he can't be a complete non-factor in the playoffs if we hope to beat the Jazz and Warriors.

I just hope Morey can somehow unload that contract this offseason. The problem is he may have to throw in a couple first rounders to convince anyone to take Ryno off our hands. It may be worth it though given how small our window is with a bunch of guys around 32-33 years of age. Imagine using that 20 mil towards a couple of players would actually contribute on a nightly basis.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Spacemoth and roslolian like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Asik could at least rebound and defend until he quit on the team. Anderson can't even do that. His shooting is nonexistent.

roslolian likes this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If he played up to his potential we wouldn't be trying to trade him every year.

Reeko and roslolian like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ryno needs to adopt Gerald's shoot-shoot-shoot mentality.

saleem and roslolian like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think he has a complete lack of confidence. I don't know why, but it's pretty obvious to me. Anderson is not nearly as bad a player as he's shown on the court. If he could just play a complimentary role, eat up some minutes, grab a board here and there, and create space for everyone else by hitting enough 3's to keep the other team honest, I'd be happy. Ryan ought to be able to provide that much. He's certainly getting paid more than enough (way more) to play. It can't be about money.

GermanRoxFan, Deuce, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

joshuaao, roslolian and J Sizzle like this.
  17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Anderson literally has one job and he's not even doing that.

Reeko, slothy420 and roslolian like this.
  18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He still does get in front of his man for a clever rebound or 2 but doesn't seem to have the physical conditioning to keep up defensively at this moment.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Asik completely quit on the team so I will never hold in him in higher regard that Anderson, but Asik never looked terrified to be on the court, I will say that....

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He was on the trade block. Will be again. Got his startingbspot taken. Can’t even take the trash out right.

No confidence